+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Mother (Widow) | Single Child - Letter of Invitation

kanha

Jul 4, 2021
In my research, I found that the LETTER OF INVITATION is going to play an important role so I decided to start writing my own with all the authentic details. I made a promise to myself that if Mother Visa is approved, I will share my invitation letter her to help other people like me. By the grace of God her visa got approved. She is a widow, I'm the only child, she does not have any property except agricultural land and she is a housewife and hence, no regular pension/salary.
Date: xxx

Dear Visa Officer,
I Sawan husband of Dimple, am submitting here with a Letter of Invitation in support of a Super Visa Application for my mother-in-law Santosh (Mother of Dimple) to facilitate her temporary visits to Canada. Here is the information about her.

Name:
Date of Birth:
Address:
Telephone Number:
Passport Number:
Relationship: Santosh is mother of Dimple (Mother-in-law of Sawan)
Where she will stay in Canada: Your Canada Address
Dates to stay in Canada:

Purpose and Duration of the trip
We are extending this invitation to Santosh (Mother of Dimple, Mother-in-law of Sawan), for an almost 11 months visit to take place from Jan 2023 to Oct 2023. We are blessed with two kids. They are growing up so fast and enjoying their childhood in this beautiful country. Though, they miss their Grandmother all the time. Our elder daughter, Priya who is 7 years old still recalls the quality time she spent with her Grandmother in India every day. That's the main purpose, we want to have her here to meet us, spend some quality time, and give blessings to our kids. Likewise, her Grandmother also misses all her Grandkids especially the younger grandchild, Harish who is just 4 years and 4 months old.

Secondly, it’s been a while since we haven’t celebrated all our occasions together so we want to celebrate our 11th marriage anniversary (Feb 18th) followed by our birthdays in the following months, festivals and other family events etc.

Thirdly, we recently bought our first home in Canada and we want to let her experience our beautiful home with us. Likewise, she is also excited to see our new home. We all want to make some good memories together in this time period. We know it’s hard for her to stay here with us for almost 11 months because she has never been keen to uproot herself and travel outside India, but this time our grandmother (Santosh’s Mother) convinced her so our kids could share their joy with her.

We have been residing in Canada for more than a year and as the kids, it is our sincere wish that she be permitted to visit us here so she can see our newly bought home, spend quality time with her grandchildren and tour this beautiful country, Canada.

We will host and provide all support to Santosh, during this visit including but not limited to lodging, food, care, and travel expenses within Canada.
Here are a few important dates of occasions, celebrations, birthdays, anniversaries, and seasons that we have planned for this trip to celebrate together.
DatesCelebrations / Occasions
January - 2023New Year Celebrations in our new home
February - 2023Visit Downtown and experience all top attractions in city.
March -2023Holi Festival Celebration
April - 202311th Ring Ceremony Anniversary of Dimple and Sawan.
May - 2023Santosh’s birthday - May 31st
Dimple’s birthday - May 18th
Sawan’s - May 28th
June - 2023Experience the Summer Season.
July - 2023Harish Birthday
August - 2023Enjoy Summer Vacations with kids.
September - 2023Experience the Fall Season.
October - 2023Shopping

Santosh’s Background and Establishment of Residence in India
Santosh wife of Late Ram, has been living in Your Address, India with her mother. Since her marriage, July 15th, 1980, this is her permanent home. She is the sole owner of this beautiful house. As of today, the home valuation/worth is INR 120000 (CAD $$$).

Santosh is so close to her mother and emotionally attached to her. After the demise of Santosh’s husband, her mother, Vidya started living with her to provide her with emotional support. They are so happy in their lives and participate together in various social activities, especially religious and spiritual activities.

She has three siblings and their relationships are invaluable. They frequently visit each other and celebrate all special occasions together. Moreover, they also do farming and their primary source of income is agriculture as well. Since all the siblings/relatives are involved in farming so they collaborate with each other and support wherever needed.

Furthermore, in Santosh's joint family, everyone loves and respects her. The reason is she is the eldest member of her family and a loving person. All the family members really love her and seek her blessing. She loves staying with their family members and participates in all family events and occasions. Recently, when her niece got married then all important decisions were taken by Santosh and the event was very well organized. Next year, her nephew is also getting married which is scheduled for October 29, 2023. (Attached are a couple of photos of Santosh with her mother and her niece's wedding - Additional documents section)

Santosh's source of income is farming. She owns 5.19 acres of agricultural land, currently valued at INR 10110000/- (CAD $$$$). She is in good health and capable of doing things on her own. She is living a healthy life there. In addition, she also maintains an average balance of INR 577,488.96/- (CAD $$$) at the HDFC Bank. Furthermore, she gets yearly income from her land and it’s more than sufficient for her living.

Since she is a farmer, she also receives INR 6000/- annually directly in her account under the PM Kisan Samman Nidhi scheme. Overall, she leads a comfortable life in India.

Our Details and Establishment in Canada
We have been residing in Canada since April 18, 2022. Here is the information about us.
Name:
Date of Birth:
Address:
Telephone:
Job Title:
Resident Status:
Family Details
Wife Name:
Her DOB:
Her Telephone:
Kids: Priya (DOB: xxxx) and Harish (DOB: xxxxx)

We all are Permanent Residents of Canada and living at the same address given above. My wife, Dimple is a housewife. Our elder daughter goes to Grade 2 and our son is 4 years and 4 months old.
I have been employed for over 1 year with Your Company Name and earns an annual income of $$$$$. We recently bought our own first home/apartment in Canada.

We are capable and committed to hosting our mother-in-law (Santosh - Mother of Dimple) during her stay and will bear all responsibilities including, but not limited to, financial responsibilities, air ticket fare from India to Canada and back to India, travel expenses within Canada, medical insurance, housing and food. She will stay with us in our home.

Here’s the summary of our current bank balance in Canada.
Bank Name - AccountTotal Amount
RBC (Chequing + Saving)
Scotiabank (Chequing + Saving)
Total

We clearly meet the financial criteria for the Super Visa and have already purchased the required Medical Insurance.

Additional Information and Commitment to Return to India
We would also like to state that Santosh cannot stay too long in Canada as she must be back in India next year due to the following commitments:
  1. She has to attend her nephew's marriage next year on October 29, 2023. As we mentioned above, she is the eldest person in the family and everyone seeks her blessing before doing any important work. It’s a big occasion and Santosh cannot miss it. She has to be there to plan and organize all the wedding events.
  2. Every year she gives her 5.19 acres of land on lease for one year and gets the advance payment. In order to get it renewed or transferred to some other vendors, she needs to be there in India.
  3. She receives INR 6000/- annually directly in her account under the PM Kisan Samman Nidhi scheme. In order to keep it active, every year she provides the required identification documents along with farming documents. To keep receiving this benefit, she needs to be in India to provide the required farming documents next year. (Refer attached PNB bank statement where she receive this amount - Additional Documents Section)
  4. As we mentioned before, she is very close to her mother and this is the first time when she will be physically away from her mother for that much time. She will definitely go back because she cannot stay away from her for a long time. She knows they both visit various religious places together and without her, her mother, Vidya won’t visit any religious and spiritual places.
  5. She leads a very contented & comfortable life in India in her own home and gets all the necessary support & love from her siblings, cousins, friends and neighbors. She has never been keen to uproot herself and come to Canada, asking us to visit India but we are fully occupied here with our work and kids' schooling. That’s the reason my wife and I requested her to visit us so that our kids could share their joy with her here. She is a social person and loves staying in Indian culture. Moreover, she cannot speak the English language so she has very limited options here in Canada to feel the same social environment as India. She will definitely go back to India next year.

kanha

Jul 4, 2021
Since there was a limit of 10000 characters so I had to remove some text form initial post. Just want to share more feelings here - I was very nervous and was seeking help on various forums and talking to many people. Lastly, I found that the Letter of Invitation plays an important role and it is something that only I can create as I am the one who understands how strong her connections are in India. I decided to start writing my own with all the authentic details and finally organize that information in a way that the agent could understand. By the grace of God his visa got approved. When I was writing this letter, I made a promise to myself that if Mother Visa is approved, I will share my invitation letter (just by changing personal information) so that it can help other people like me as well. Hope it helps. Thank You!

kanha

Jul 4, 2021
I have been receiving messages from many people who want to know about the document checklist. Here is the document checklist that I used but make sure you must follow the latest checklist is your portal account.
  1. Passport => Candidate Passport copy. It should include all the stamp pages too, if any.
  2. Proof of Income
    • Candidate son/daughter employment letter with the most recent 5-6 pay stubs.
    • Most recent(s) Notice of assessment letter and T4.
    • CCB if you are getting any.
  3. Letter of Funds Proof
  4. Additional documents (To show home country ties)
    • Candidate last 6 month bank statement.
    • If possible, get a letter from bank on bank letterhead.
    • Copies of property documents (if owns any home or land) and most recent Electricity Bills
    • CA Property Valuation letter.
    • Proof of any pension or salary (if any)
    • Covid Vaccination Proof
    • Letter of Explanation - You should include and explain how strong your ties with your home country.
    • "One and Same Person Name” affidavit, if you have multiple names.
    • Source of Income
    • Income tax docs if you file taxes.
  5. Letter of Invitation (as stated above)
  6. National Identity Document => Example: Aadhaar Card in India
  7. Relationship (proof)
    • Copies of PR.
    • Passports of both husband and wife, if married
    • Marriage Certificate
  8. Medical insurance (proof) => Minimum 1 year with $100k covered.
  9. Use of representative IMM5476 => If son/daughter is filing the file on behalf of their parents.

mas1705

Mar 23, 2018
I have been receiving messages from many people who want to know about the document checklist. Here is the document checklist that I used but make sure you must follow the latest checklist is your portal account.
  1. Passport => Candidate Passport copy. It should include all the stamp pages too, if any.
  2. Proof of Income
    • Candidate son/daughter employment letter with the most recent 5-6 pay stubs.
    • Most recent(s) Notice of assessment letter and T4.
    • CCB if you are getting any.
  3. Letter of Funds Proof
  4. Additional documents (To show home country ties)
    • Candidate last 6 month bank statement.
    • If possible, get a letter from bank on bank letterhead.
    • Copies of property documents (if owns any home or land) and most recent Electricity Bills
    • CA Property Valuation letter.
    • Proof of any pension or salary (if any)
    • Covid Vaccination Proof
    • Letter of Explanation - You should include and explain how strong your ties with your home country.
    • "One and Same Person Name” affidavit, if you have multiple names.
    • Source of Income
    • Income tax docs if you file taxes.
  5. Letter of Invitation (as stated above)
  6. National Identity Document => Example: Aadhaar Card in India
  7. Relationship (proof)
    • Copies of PR.
    • Passports of both husband and wife, if married
    • Marriage Certificate
  8. Medical insurance (proof) => Minimum 1 year with $100k covered.
  9. Use of representative IMM5476 => If son/daughter is filing the file on behalf of their parents.
Hi, thank you for sharing this! My mother is a widow as well and she is a housewife.
She has a US visa and has often travelled there to visit my sister but she has never visited me ever since I came to Canada in 2018.
I am a PR holder, and my husband is a citizen. We'd like to invite my mom to Canada and were wondering whether we should file a TRV or a Super visa. What do you recommend?
Thanks!

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi, thank you for sharing this! My mother is a widow as well and she is a housewife.
She has a US visa and has often travelled there to visit my sister but she has never visited me ever since I came to Canada in 2018.
I am a PR holder, and my husband is a citizen. We'd like to invite my mom to Canada and were wondering whether we should file a TRV or a Super visa. What do you recommend?
Thanks!
Really depends on your mother’s ties to her home country and her finances plus whether you meet LICO.

mas1705

Mar 23, 2018
Really depends on your mother’s ties to her home country and her finances plus whether you meet LICO.
Thanks for your response. My mother doesn't work and is supported financially by the kids. I have a younger brother who is working and stays with her along with my grandmother. She is the primary caregiver for my grandmother who is 80+ years old, so she cannot visit more than a couple of months. She has the house in her name, and considerable amount of savings. Plus I meet the LICO requirements for Super Visa. I am not sure if I should first apply for a TRV before Super Visa.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thanks for your response. My mother doesn't work and is supported financially by the kids. I have a younger brother who is working and stays with her along with my grandmother. She is the primary caregiver for my grandmother who is 80+ years old, so she cannot visit more than a couple of months. She has the house in her name, and considerable amount of savings. Plus I meet the LICO requirements for Super Visa. I am not sure if I should first apply for a TRV before Super Visa.
If she is able to visit for multiple months her mother isn’t considered much of a tie.

mas1705

Mar 23, 2018
If she is able to visit for multiple months her mother isn’t considered much of a tie.
Should I take the chance and apply for TRV then for a month visit? The only home ties I have to show is that she has the house in her name, primary caregiver of grandmother and some fixed deposits. We are also showing her bank statements. Or should I just proceed with Supervisa to avoid rejection?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Should I take the chance and apply for TRV then for a month visit? The only home ties I have to show is that she has the house in her name, primary caregiver of grandmother and some fixed deposits. We are also showing her bank statements. Or should I just proceed with Supervisa to avoid rejection?
Impossible for me to say. If she has considerable liquid savings then applying for a supervisa isn’t much more guaranteed than a normal TRV. If parents have limited funds supervisa is usually the better option.