+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Mother in law denied 2 times already

mdan1984

Feb 26, 2010
Hello guys,

I'm Canadian. My Chinese wife has a PR card. Our story is too long to share on here, but we are about to give birth to our second child, and it will be the second child where her mother cannot be present. If any of you understand that is really hard on teh family. We don't want to have it in China because then we have to spend a lot of money especially for a C-Section. Also our son is usded to being here in BC. So we applied the first time and it was denied based on ties, financial, travel history. So we applied again and the response we got from the VO who actually personally wrote a letter to my mother in law was just apauling. Don't have it yet, because my mther in law will have to scan it and send it to us.

We, 100% are truly honest people who really just miss our mother and because of the current situation in Canada we cannot up and leave and go back. All of your materials we are sending are all genuine and to the best of our situation. What I find interesting is the VO had the audacity to say that he believes a lot of our materials submitted are fake and that if we use any of the same materials they will just chuck our application. FAKE? You know what bothers us? People in China (If you read this forum) and my wife has heard stories from students she went to school with, that they used fake documents and degrees and Canada fell for it and gave them a visa to come. That was recently. And now for a couple like us trying to do things the rigth way AND using genuine documents, we get accused of lying! We have no intentions for my mother in law to stay, she doesn't WANT to stay. Also the VO said that he doesn't believe that my mother in laws work history is correct. Well that is too bad because IT IS!. We didn't lie on ANYTHING! Honest! My mother in law doesn't have a degree and the VO thinks she has a degree and is just hiding it and plans to come to Canada with it to work. That is what he said. We all got the news of our second visa being denied and we were all crying together on skype cause it is very important in Chinese tradition and culture. Family connection there is so much more complex and close there than I have ever seen anywhere else. So we are deemed as providing fake documents, lying about our past, and other things. Im afraid we are going to go on the black list if we apply again. I shouldn't have to say this again but we are truly harmless people just wanting our poor mother in law to come for a visit. I'm thinking of writing an email or letter to Jason Kenny's office to let him know of the VO's in Beijing treating us like this. I want to go and fight this. We need and want our mother here.

mdan1984

Feb 26, 2010
Do you think we have a chance then with the supervisa? This has been such a disheartening experience for us and we are worried that based on what the VO told my mother in law that going for the supervisa will not work either because they obviously have written CAIPS notes. errr. None of their accusations were true either. Do you think going to talk to someone about this would help?

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My mother in law is also Chinese and we had been trying to get her visiting visas. The first time was successful but not the second time. The supporting document and applications were similar: invitation letters not being notarized, bank balance, etc.

This is my first time reading your post.

When you said the VO believes a lot of your materials submitted are fake and does not believe your mother in law's work history is correct, did your mother in law had interview with the VO and said something not in favour of her application? I am really curious what the VO wrote in the personal letter to your mother in law.

Did you contact Jason Kenny? How did he reply? We sent email and letter to our MP but there is no reply.

Wolverine

Oct 7, 2008
steaky said:
We sent email and letter to our MP but there is no reply.
MP's are not allowed to intervene/speed up anything because it would be unfair to other applicants. Nor can they vouch for you because they simply don't know you. They can only enquire on the status of your case, and it's helpful if you want to get more detailed report that you would get yourself.