+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Mother’s Super Visa Rejected - LICO requirement as reason

sidroy09

Jul 26, 2013
Hey guys,

Last month, my sibling who is a Canadian citizen applied for our mother’s Super Visa and it got rejected couple of days ago.
To be honest, we are dumbstruck with this decision as this is a first ever visa rejection and we all held visas for both US and Canada in past and never had such issues.
Super Visa seemed like a straight forward process and this rejection came as a surprise to all of us.

The reason provided was “You do not meet LICO requirement”.
My brother is the sponsor, single and has income >75k annually from past 3 years.

Can anyone please suggest what should we do now?
I think, the only mistake he did in the application was he did not provide any of his CRA NOAs and instead uploaded Employment Letter only which states his current title with salary on the company letterpad as his Proof of Income.
Could this be the reason?

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hey guys,

Last month, my sibling who is a Canadian citizen applied for our mother’s Super Visa and it got rejected couple of days ago.
To be honest, we are dumbstruck with this decision as this is a first ever visa rejection and we all held visas for both US and Canada in past and never had such issues.
Super Visa seemed like a straight forward process and this rejection came as a surprise to all of us.

My brother is the sponsor, single and has income >75k annually from past 3 years.

I think, the only mistake he did in the application was he did not provide any of his CRA NOAs and uploaded Employment Letter only as his Proof of Income.

Thanks in advance!
He needed to provide NOA. Employment letter was not enough so rightly refused.

Reactions: sidroy09

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hey guys,

I think, the only mistake he did in the application was he did not provide any of his CRA NOAs and instead uploaded Employment Letter only which states his current title with salary on the company letterpad as his Proof of Income.

Thanks in advance!
Employment letter does not prove how much you earned in Canada in the last year. LICO is not based on your salary is based on income earned in Canada. As already suggested he should provide a copy of his NOA or better option would be to give IRCC access to his NOAs.

Reactions: sidroy09