+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Mortgage with US Credit score/Employment - New Canadian Permanent resident

nitrohaze

Feb 4, 2020
Hello ,

Just wanted to know if its possible to get a mortgage with US credit history and employment . What are the requirements

1. What should be the down payment ?
2. Can HELOC can be applied to match 20% /35% if needed ?
3. Term

Please let me know if this is possible ?

Nitro

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello ,

Just wanted to know if its possible to get a mortgage with US credit history and employment . What are the requirements

3. Term

Nitro
US credit history and employment doesn’t carry over to Canada.

1. Depends on cost of home.
2/3. Link

https://www.canada.ca/en/financial-consumer-agency/services/mortgages/home-equity-line-credit.html

https://www.canada.ca/en/financial-consumer-agency/services/mortgages/down-payment.html

Reactions: nitrohaze

a21

Jun 18, 2019
Hello ,

3. Term

Nitro
Hello,

Hope you are doing well. I have been member of this forum from last few years. I came across this thread. I see, its from Feb 2022, if you are still thinking to buy and need approval for mortgage, I would be glad to assist in any information needed regarding home buying and mortgage approval process. I am CPA, CGA (Chartered Professional Accountant) and Real Estate Sales Representative for more than 10 years. I have extensive experience working with First Time home buyers and genuinely understands the challenges faced throughout the whole process of mortgage approval through finding the suitable property till settling down in your new home. i have worked with multiple clients who moved from US to Canada. I have diversified experience in Mortgage, Real Estate and Accounting industry.

Let me know, if i can assist you with any information or services regarding this.