+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

morocco maroc marriage requirements for canadian

joecreosta

Jan 22, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi found a canadien website for maroc consulate in montreal and they have listed the documents on their website please help me quide me through the process of obtaining these documents and give me any additional more detailed information you might have. i would be really very thankful to you ok.
you can find this list on the website url http://www.consulatdumaroc.ca/mariagemixte_note_en.htm

here's the list of those dokouments and please answer my questions in color red i have under each sectiions.
thanks in advance

1- Request for marriage written in language Arab and intended for the Judge of the family court (Court of the city where the marriage certificate will be established)
WHERE DO I HAVE TO GET THIS DOCUMENT FROM? DO I GET THIS IN MOROC OR IN CANADA? AND IF IN MAROC THEN FROM WHO AND WHERE?

2- Four (04) color photographs
COLORED POHOTOS OR BALCKWHITE PHOTOS? WHAT SIZE? IS IT THE PASSPORT SIZE PHOTO OR ANY KIND OF PHOTO? DO I GET MY PHOTOES TAKEN THEM FROM CANADA OR MAROC?

3- Certificate of birth with complete filiation (names and first names of the parents)
I LOST MY ORIGINAL BRITH CERTIFCATE FLYING FROM MONTREAL TO OTTAWA BUT I GOT MY PASSPORT BUT NOT BIRTHCERTFICATE BECAUSE I WAS BORN IN TANZANAI. CAN I OBTAIN A DIFFERENT DOCUMENT BUT SAME LIKE A BIRTH CERTFICATE THE INFO AND GET IT AUTHORIZED AND STAMPED BY THE FOREIGN AFFAIRS IN OTTAWA??

4- Statement of criminal record (or lack thereof) issued by the Royal Canadian Mounted Police (RCMP)
I CAN GET THIS FROM RCMP BUT I DONT KNOW HOW LONG IS THE VALIDITY OF THE RCMP GOOD FOR TO THE MOROCON AUTHORITIES?? I AM PLANNING MY WEDDING IN DECEMBER 2008 IF I GET MY RCMP POLICE CERTIFCIATE IN FEBRUARY CAN I USE IT FOR DECEMBER 2008??? OR IS THERE A NUMBER OF DAYS BACK THEY CAN GO WHEN GETTTING MARRRIED??

5- Certificate of nationality delivered by the Embassy of Canada in Rabat - Morocco
IS THIS THE CERTIFICIATE GIVEN TO ME IN ENGLISH OR FRENCH OR ARABIC?? IF NOT IN ARABIC, WHERE DO I GO TO GET IT TRANSLATED?? AND I AM THINKING ONCE IT IS TRANSLATED THEN I PROBABLY ALSO NEED TO GET IT AUTHORIZED BY THE FOREIGN AFFAIRS MOROCCO IN RABAT?? IS THAT RIGHT ASSUMPTION??

6- Chart of Canadian citizenship
WHERE DO I GET THIS FROM??IS THIS GIVEN TO ME IN ENGLISH OR FRENCH OR ARABIC?? IF NOT IN ARABIC, WHERE DO I GO TO GET IT TRANSLATED?? AND I AM THINKING ONCE IT IS TRANSLATED THEN I PROBABLY ALSO NEED TO GET IT AUTHORIZED BY THE FOREIGN AFFAIRS MOROCCO IN RABAT?? IS THAT RIGHT ASSUMPTION??

7- Medical certificate attesting the absence of any transmissible disease
FIRST OF ALL WHAT KINDS OF DISEASES ARE THEY TALKING ABOUT?? AND WHERE DO I GET THIS MEDIKAL CERTIFICATE FROM? DO I GET IT FROM CANADA OR FROM MOROCO? IT HAS TO BE FROM CANADA OR FROM MOROCO OR FROM BOTH? ONE FROM CANADA AND ONE FROM MOROCO?? HOW LONG IS THE VALIDITY OF THIS???? I AM PLANNING MY WEDDING IN DECEMBER 2008 IF I GET MY MEDICAL CERTIFCIATE IN FEBRUARY FROM CANADA CAN I USE IT FOR DECEMBER 2008??? OR IS THERE A NUMBER OF DAYS BACK THEY CAN GO WHEN GETTTING MARRRIED??

8- Certificate of conversion to Islam delivered by an approved imam (Moslem preacher) of a mosque, or a proof of Moslem confession
DOESNT APPLY TO ME AS I AM A BORN MUSLIM MALE. BUT DO I STILL NEED SOMETHING WHICH IDENTIFIES ME AS A MUSLIM???

9- For the non Moslem women, the proof of their Jewish or Christian confession
NOT APPLICABLE TO ME

10- Certificate of employment and wages
I AM SELF-EMPLOYED SO WHAT DIFFERENT DOCUMENTS YOU THINK THEY MIGHT REQUIRE FROM ME???

11- Act of divorce in the event of former marriage, duly legalized by the Canadian ministry of the Foreign Affairs in Ottawa
DOESNT APPLY TO ME AS IM GETTING MARRIED FOR FIRST TIME

12- Certificate of death of the ex-husband for the widowers
DOESNT APPLY TO ME AS IM GETTING MARRIED FOR FIRST TIME

13- Passport + copy of the page mentioning the date of entry in Morocco (proof of presence in Morocco)
DOES THIS ALSO HAVE TO BE TRANSLATED INTO ARABIC AND THEN SIGNED AND AUTHORIZED AND APPROVED BY THE MINISTRE OF FOREIGN AFFARIS MOROCCO IN RABAT?

14- Certificate of capacity of marriage, delivered by the Embassy of Canada in Rabat (certificate specifying your marital status...)
WHERE DO I GET THIS FROM??IS THIS GIVEN TO ME IN ENGLISH OR FRENCH OR ARABIC?? IF NOT IN ARABIC, WHERE DO I GO TO GET IT TRANSLATED?? AND I AM THINKING ONCE IT IS TRANSLATED THEN I PROBABLY ALSO NEED TO GET IT AUTHORIZED BY THE FOREIGN AFFAIRS MOROCCO IN RABAT?? IS THAT RIGHT ASSUMPTION??

15- Statement of criminal record issued by the Morrocan Ministry of Justice in Rabat - Morocco
HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE TO GET THIS DOCUMENT??? DOES IT HAVE TO BE ALSO TRANSLATED INTO ARABIC OR IT ALREADY COMES IN ARABIC?? DOES IT ALSO NEED TO BE CERTIFIED AND APPROVIED AND AUTHORIZED BY FOREIGN AFFAIRS MINITRE IN RABAT MOROC??

indimer04

Star Member
Dec 10, 2007
1)this form i did here in Toronto with my lawyer where he basically wrote where i lived/work/how much i make and when i divorced before with date and reference number ..and ending with the fact that i was clear of marriage from previous and now go get married again.

2)picture sizes are found on the below site and you can get them done either here or there, we did ours there
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/citizen/CIT0021E.pdf
3)unsure about that..what you can do there
4)you shouldn't get it done yet if you plan on marrying late this year i believe it is only good for 60days.

7)medical can be done there my husband and i both went into a hospital and had it done in Morocco with no problems
10) there is a separate declaration of income you will have to complete..go to the following website and you can request a afull package from cic ..what i did was call them and get them to mail me a package in accordance with Morocco as my husbands country since it has the different offices to get the medical done
13)no translation ..just straight copy and authenticated from the translator.
14)done by the candian embassy in Rabat fees 50
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/adults.asp

the below information is just something else to consider..honestly i can't remember any thing else right now..but good luck in getting everything filled out ...be ready for the wait..since it will take some time to get from one place to the other and then have things translated...but i know in the end it will all be worth it.or so Jamal keeps telling me to get my hopes up..we are going into three months since last seeing each other its so hard to be apart from someone who you care about so dear

- valid passport
- birth certificate
- criminal record check (from the police in her city or if she lives outside a city from the rcmp)
- proof that she is a christian, muslim or jew (there are ways around this)
- 4 recent photographs
- Capacity for Marriage (this shows that she isn't currently married and is able to marry)
- certificate of police clearance from the ministry of Justice in Rabat (proof that she has no criminal record in Morocco) - this will need to be done in Morocco

You should also go to the following site:
http://www.dfait-maeci.gc.ca/morocco/marriage-en.asp

mbassy
Note that one of the things the Moroccan authorities will ask you to submit is a certificate stating there are no impediments to your marriage (also called Capacité de Mariage [eligibility to marry]). This certificate must be issued by the Canadian Embassy in Morocco, located in Rabat. At the same time, the Embassy will also issue you an Attestation de Nationalité [confirmation of nationality]. Fees in the amount of C$50 apply. In order for the Embassy to issue these documents to you, you will have to complete and sign an affidavit. You will also have to present your Canadian passport and the national card of the Moroccan citizen you intend to marry. Usually, the certificate and the Attestation will be issued to you within 48 hours.

To obtain a certificate of non-impediment to marriage issued at the Canadian Embassy in Rabat, Canadian citizens are now required to produce a sworn statement in French before a lawyer, notary or judge in Canada containing the following information:
Surname;
Given name;
Date of birth;
Place of birth;
Address (in Canada);
Marital status of the applicant;
Canadian passport number or birth certificate number;

A paragraph certifying that the Canadian citizen assumes complete responsibility for his/her future spouse for a prospective stay in Canada.
Information on the future spouse:
Surname;
Given name;
Date of birth;
Address;
Identification card number.

If the Canadian citizen is already in Morocco, he or she can complete this procedure before a Moroccan lawyer or notary. Please note that the sworn statement must be in French.

Moroccan Authorities
To complete your file with the Moroccan authorities, in addition to the Capacité de Mariage and the Attestation de Nationalité issued by the Embassy, you will also have to present a birth certificate, a statement of criminal record (or lack thereof) issued by the Royal Canadian Mounted Police (RCMP), a divorce certificate (if applicable) duly authenticated by the Department of Foreign Affairs in Ottawa, a medical certificate and a work certificate. Note that the list provided here is only a guide; additional documents may in fact be required. Therefore, we repeat that it is very important for you to confirm with the proper Moroccan authorities the precise list of required documents BEFORE you leave Canada.

We also suggest you consult the Moroccan Embassy in Canada, which can provide you with additional information.

Regards,

Indira

anwar

Feb 20, 2008
here all doccuments you need

i read the answers but i think they missed steps , but i'm here to help you and to show you how to do it with the wright way.
my name is anwar i'm also from morocco i'm from rabat but i'm living now in agadir ; i met my sweet lady in the internet she is from Canada and we married 2 months ago and you'll just have problem if you dont know the steps to follow but dont worry i'm here to help you and to make it easy for it's very easy dont worry just you should have some passion .
in the first you should bring from your country these documents :
01- certificate of birth .
02- statement of criminal record you'll translated after that in morocco .
03- certificate of employment .
04- certificate of wages . my wife forget this
paper but his mother faxed it to her she really has a nice mother :)
05- certificate of nationality .
( if you are already marriage dont forget to bring divorce certificate )
and when you com to morocco you should go first to your consulate to bring some more papers the consulate of Canada is in Rabat .
in the consulate you'll have :
06- statement of criminal record from ministry of justice .and you'll take it to the external ministry and you should bring with you 20 dh and passport copy .
07- certificate of capacity of marriage.
and after that the other doccuments are easy you can have it in 2 hours :
08- a letter for marriage to the judge written in Arabic says that you wanna marry.
09- pictures they said 4 but just have 16 sometimes you need it .
10- medical certificate it's easy to get it in morocco .
11- if you are Moslem's you need a certificate from imam says that you are Moslem's or and other one says that you are Christiane or jewish if you are not Moslem's .
12- passport copy .
that all you need as a Canadian woman but your man also should have these documents :
01- certificate of birth .
02- statement of criminal record .
03- local certificate .
04- certificate said that he has not married before .
05- medical certificate .
06- copy of ID .
07- 2 pictures but it's better to take 16 you'll need it .
08- divorce certificate if he married before .
09- death certificate if his wife died .
10- certificate of employement .
11- certificate of wages .
after marriage dont forget to regestrate your marriage in your consulate .
and i wish you have a nice Moroccan weeding you should know that Moroccan weeding is the best you'll also like morocco very much :)
any else question just email me :
nice_anwar@yahoo.fr

catrine

Feb 21, 2008
oh you are wright anwar i was there last month and that's wright this is the wright way to marry your man in morocco thank you verry much .

brad

Feb 21, 2008
thank you anwar very much but i'm not a woman; i'm Canadian man can i have the same documents or i should have something else ?
i'm waiting for your answer because i'm going to morocco to see my girl friend .

anwar

Feb 20, 2008
yes brad you can have the same papers but also you should have a certificate from imam says that you are moslem you cant married a moslem woman if you are not moslem but a moslem man can married an other moslem woman or christian woman or jewish woman .
any help i'll be there for you .

abdou77

Jun 3, 2014
i want to ask if i can get married with a canadian woman that has a criminal record and her problem with law is assault on a peace officer.....6 months probation JAN 2009 i want to know if that possible here in morocc or she have to clear her criminal record before we get married
thanks alot in advance