+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Mistake in sop

Rakesh1995

Feb 12, 2024
I reapplied for sowp visa, and in my appeal letter and sponsorship letter wrote wrong date of graduation of my wife, i wrote 2025, it's 2027. This is because of the mistake in her enrolment letter which has been submitted. Do they actually read the sop, appeal letter? Or should i just add new correct enrollment letter via webform and inform them about mistake in appeal letter, sponsorship letter also. Please suggest.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Not sure what you mean by appeal and sponsorship letters. You asked for reconsideration as there was an error in law based on your refusal reasons. If the enrolment letter has the wrong date then resubmit through webform.

Rakesh1995

Feb 12, 2024
brother, I mean to say I wrote the wrong date of graduation on my Statement of Purpose also. Now should I just submit new enrolment or let then know about mistake in sop also. Do they even read it?

Last edited:

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
brother, I mean to say I wrote the wrong date of graduation on my Statement of Purpose also. Now should I just submit new enrolment or let then know about mistake in sop also.
Please don’t call me brother. Just submit a webform with enrolment letter stating there was an error in the date. What was the error in law to ask for reconsideration? What were reasons for refusal? SOWPs are not guaranteed.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
All the best. There are no timelines for reconsideration and IRCC may not re-open the file. That is why I asked about the error in law because sometimes it is easier to reapply and address reasons for refusal. Reconsideration is not a formal process where new information is processed. It is stating where the error in law is.