+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Missing expired Passport 2017

corinajoie

Jul 9, 2015
Hello,

I'm about to have my citizenship exam tomorrow and i'm just wondering if there's anyone who just finished their exam and interview and your expired passport is lost or missing.
I lost mine and just found out while I was preparing all the docs that i'm bringing tomorrow.
Did the CO advice you to do something else? Did it take a long time? Or did it cause delay towards to your oath taking.
Thanks. Much appreciated.

Oct2016

Star Member
Nov 2, 2016
For sure the Officer will ask about your expired passport,
When you send your application did you send the biographical pages of your expired passport?

corinajoie said:
Hello,

I'm about to have my citizenship exam tomorrow and i'm just wondering if there's anyone who just finished their exam and interview and your expired passport is lost or missing.
I lost mine and just found out while I was preparing all the docs that i'm bringing tomorrow.
Did the CO advice you to do something else? Did it take a long time? Or did it cause delay towards to your oath taking.
Thanks. Much appreciated.

corinajoie

Jul 9, 2015
No. And i only found out that it was missing like 4 days ago. But i did try to look for any copy of the bio oage of ny passport but cant find any

Oct2016

Star Member
Nov 2, 2016
Is the exp. passport has been used during the 4/6 years of your residency?

corinajoie said:
No. And i only found out that it was missing like 4 days ago. But i did try to look for any copy of the bio oage of ny passport but cant find any

Oct2016

Star Member
Nov 2, 2016
I believe you should have a solid answer when the Officer asks you about it,
It is weird that you reached to the test step.

Anyways good luck

corinajoie said:
Yup! That was my passport when I landed here and i went home once using that old passport.

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
corinajoie said:
@ corinajoie

Did you submit the copy of the missing passport with the initial application? Was that the part of the part of past 4/6 year?
If yes, the officer may ask you for the passport in order to verify your stamps and be prepared for additional document request like residence questionnaire etc.

It's better to search for the missing passport.

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
corinajoie said:
No i didnt submit it.
And yes, it was part of my 6 years of residence here.

Thanks.
As per the following link:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/CIT0002ETOC.asp

It states:

The biographical page means the page that has your name, photo, passport/travel document number, issue date and expiration date.

Provide photocopies of the biographical pages of all passports and/or travel documents (valid and cancelled) for the six (6) year period immediately before the date of your application, or since you became a permanent resident, whichever is more recent.

Also, provide photocopies of any renewal pages of the passport(s)/travel document(s).

Note: If there are any gaps in time between validity periods of your passports or travel documents during the past six (6) years, or since you became a permanent resident, whichever is more recent, provide an explanation in the space provided in question 6E.

Note: If the validity period of your passport was extended, include a photocopy of the page(s) containing the extension stamp(s).

Note: If any of these documents are not in your possession, provide an explanation in the space provided in question 6D.

Ideally, you should have sent the copy of that passport with the initial application

pie_vancouver

Jun 12, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
She submitted the recent passport not the expired one,
did it have many stamps? do you have the cbsa report?
That passport will be asked tomorrow, missing passports might delay your app.

corinajoie

Jul 9, 2015
pie_vancouver said:
She submitted the recent passport not the expired one,
did it have many stamps? do you have the cbsa report?
That passport will be asked tomorrow, missing passports might delay your app.

Just 1 stamp when i went home last 2013. Then the rest of my "travel outside Canada" is in my current passport.
And nope. I dont have cbsa passport as i only realized that my expired one was missing like a week ago.
Yeah. I kinda thought there will be a delay. I'll just wait and see what will happen tomorrow.

Thank you! ;)