+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Missed out my middle name on my IEC application, help!

Hamlett257

Dec 29, 2016
Helpful people,

After accepting my invitation to apply for a IEC visa, I noticed that in my excitement to apply I have accidentally missed my middle name out of the "given names" field when applying to be put into the pool for IEC. I'm now panicking as their seems to be no way to change this information and I'm really worried it may affect my chances of being given a visa.

I narrowly missed out last year because my Australian police certificate didn't arrive in time and I'm really worried that it will happen again. I have all other documentation ready, all of which shows my middle name, Lee, on it. I have already used the web form app on the immigration website to inform them of this error but have had no reply. If I explain the situation again in my letter of explanation when I have finished applying for the visa will this suffice?

I have looked all over the website for information advising me what to do in this situation but have not found anything. Other forum posts give conflicting replies. I have been waiting since last year for this and will be absolutely soul destroyed if this is gonna cause an issue with my application.

If someone could give me some concrete advice that would be massively appreciated.

Thanks,
Nathan, UK

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
Relax. I missed my middle name in Express Entry, it was in my passport but not in my immigrant visa and COPR, and I'm a PR now.

cduboisherry

Jan 12, 2017
Hi,

I did the same mistake as Hamlett257... I didn't put my second given name, although they ask to write our name as it is on our passport. I have added a row as "other names I've been called before" and put "birth name" with my two given names to rectify it, will that be sufficient or shall i decline the invitation?

What did you do bellaluna?

Thanks!

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
Nothing.

My problem may be different though: I missed my middle name (mother's maiden name, which appears in my passport) but I entered both my first/given names and they are both in my passport as my given name.

riasat.abir

Aug 9, 2012
Burnaby
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
2015-12-17
AOR Received.
2016-02-22
Med's Done....
2016-03-09
Passport Req..
2016-08-17
VISA ISSUED...
2016-08-30
LANDED..........
2016-09-09
Send a case specific enquiry.

EddieJ4679

May 7, 2021
Helpful people,

After accepting my invitation to apply for a IEC visa, I noticed that in my excitement to apply I have accidentally missed my middle name out of the "given names" field when applying to be put into the pool for IEC. I'm now panicking as their seems to be no way to change this information and I'm really worried it may affect my chances of being given a visa.

I narrowly missed out last year because my Australian police certificate didn't arrive in time and I'm really worried that it will happen again. I have all other documentation ready, all of which shows my middle name, Lee, on it. I have already used the web form app on the immigration website to inform them of this error but have had no reply. If I explain the situation again in my letter of explanation when I have finished applying for the visa will this suffice?

I have looked all over the website for information advising me what to do in this situation but have not found anything. Other forum posts give conflicting replies. I have been waiting since last year for this and will be absolutely soul destroyed if this is gonna cause an issue with my application.

If someone could give me some concrete advice that would be massively appreciated.

Thanks,
Nathan, UK
Hi this has happened to me this year. Just wondering what the outcome was? Thanks

EddieJ4679

May 7, 2021
Hi,

I did the same mistake as Hamlett257... I didn't put my second given name, although they ask to write our name as it is on our passport. I have added a row as "other names I've been called before" and put "birth name" with my two given names to rectify it, will that be sufficient or shall i decline the invitation?

What did you do bellaluna?

Thanks!
Hi this has happened to me this year. Just wondering what the outcome was? Thanks

ChloNicole

Feb 3, 2022
Hi, my boyfriend got an invitation to apply but realised he didn't include his middle name either?
Just wondered has this caused an issue for anyone!