MIssed citizenship test date, please help

getlucky2018

Star Member
Jan 13, 2019
Toronto
LANDED..........
Canadian Citizen
Hello,
Today I checked my application status for Citizenship online and when I went into the details section I found out that they sent me an invite in JANUARY 08TH 2020, for a citizenship test date of JANUARY 18th and I MISSED IT, I only realized and saw this now!

I never received an email or any letter in the mail from them about this.

My application status still says "IN PROCESS".

I sent them a message through WEBFORM to explain to them my situation.

Please advice and let me know, I am shocked that I missed this and only found this out 6 months later.

Please advice,
Thank you

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello,
Today I checked my application status for Citizenship online and when I went into the details section I found out that they sent me an invite in JANUARY 08TH 2020, for a citizenship test date of JANUARY 18th and I MISSED IT, I only realized and saw this now!

Please advice and let me know, I am shocked that I missed this and only found this out 6 months later.

Please advice,
Thank you
See the link below.

https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=910&top=5

ybjianada

Sep 6, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-01-2016
AOR Received.
20-01-2016
Med's Done....
Passed on 24-01-2016
Passport Req..
06-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
23-12-2016
Hello,

Please advice,
Thank you
I am curious. How would they usually send this invitation? By email or regular mail? Did you check your spam folder (though after 6 months, I think it would have been deleted any way).

hotshot45890

Star Member
Jun 29, 2020
I am also curious how they send the different communications. I know AOR is through email. What about test and Oath? Is it generally through email? Also do all three communications are captured online so we can make sure nothing is lost or missed in mail or email when sent.

Thank you for your input.

Reactions: carl321

carl321

Feb 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello,

Please advice,
Thank you
So did you see this when you clicked on “in process”

carl321

Feb 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am also curious how they send the different communications. I know AOR is through email. What about test and Oath? Is it generally through email? Also do all three communications are captured online so we can make sure nothing is lost or missed in mail or email when sent.

Thank you for your input.
Now they are calling you with an “unknown number” for virtual oaths so pickup all calls

getlucky2018

Star Member
Jan 13, 2019
Toronto
LANDED..........
Canadian Citizen
I am curious. How would they usually send this invitation? By email or regular mail? Did you check your spam folder (though after 6 months, I think it would have been deleted any way).
Yes, i checked the spam folder, there was no email from them anywhere!