+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

( misrepresentation) Outland Spousal Sponsorship with exclusion order

Everest0047

Nov 11, 2021
Hi Everyone, thanks for your time in advance, and all the inputs will be highly appreciated. I have been issued an exclusion order under indirect misrepresentation due to which I have been asked to leave the country and come back in 5 years. During these shenanigans, I fell in love and married my girl who is a Canadian (born and raised) citizen, and before you comment and overthink it's a genuine marriage. I made a stupid mistake which was hiring my lawyer as he just wanted money from me and in the endgame, I applied for PRRA, deferral, etc and all were denied. Meanwhile, I also applied for inland spousal support which went in after a few days when I applied for PRRA and still has not been cleared the first stage of approval. I have been asked to leave the country by June 29/ 2022 and have some questions as I don't trust my lawyer anymore. (if you want a brief understanding of my situation please read one of my posted threads) Please help me to steer my mind in the right direction.

1- Can I apply for outland spousal sponsorship during the period of my exclusion order (misrepresentation)
2-Should I produce any documents before I leave the country
3- my lawyer said I cannot apply for 5 years and if I want to during this period it will be filed under H&C Grounds. Plus it will be denied with a .2 probability of success. IS that true?
4- Another lawyer said that I should apply for a Federal appeal and get a stay. What is the change of stay in federal court?

I know my case is too much to process but if anyone has experienced any of the stated questions, it would mean the world to me for your honest opinions.

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
Hi Everyone, thanks for your time in advance, and all the inputs will be highly appreciated. I have been issued an exclusion order under indirect misrepresentation due to which I have been asked to leave the country and come back in 5 years. During these shenanigans, I fell in love and married my girl who is a Canadian (born and raised) citizen, and before you comment and overthink it's a genuine marriage. I made a stupid mistake which was hiring my lawyer as he just wanted money from me and in the endgame, I applied for PRRA, deferral, etc and all were denied. Meanwhile, I also applied for inland spousal support which went in after a few days when I applied for PRRA and still has not been cleared the first stage of approval. I have been asked to leave the country by June 29/ 2022 and have some questions as I don't trust my lawyer anymore. (if you want a brief understanding of my situation please read one of my posted threads) Please help me to steer my mind in the right direction.

1- Can I apply for outland spousal sponsorship during the period of my exclusion order (misrepresentation)
3- my lawyer said I cannot apply for 5 years and if I want to during this period it will be filed under H&C Grounds. Plus it will be denied with a .2 probability of success. IS that true?
4- Another lawyer said that I should apply for a Federal appeal and get a stay. What is the change of stay in federal court?

I know my case is too much to process but if anyone has experienced any of the stated questions, it would mean the world to me for your honest opinions.
1. No. You are not eligible
2. Not sure what you mean on this one, but i suppose 1 supersede this question
3. Your lawyer is right, the only option is Humanitarian Grounds, that has very low chances of approval.
4. I am not sure on this one, my understand is Permanent Resident and Protected person can appeal within 30days, but not foreign nationals with temp status. I may be wrong on this one, but consult Immigration Lawyer

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017

Your best option is to apply for outland sponsorship with H&C consideration. There are very few cases that usually apply for this so tough to say what the result will be. You will likely have to return to your home country and see if you do get approved for sponsorship with H&C consideration or have to wait out the 5 years.