+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Minors of Conventional Refugees/Protected Person In-Canada Status

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
I understand Protected Person need to extend work permit when it expires to continue working. I am aware that for the minor, they are exempted from Study Permit if they are Conventional Refugee or if Parents are. However, they are (minor) required to keep valid VISITOR record while in Canada, I suppose until they received COPR. Applying to extend visitor status online under current covid guideline is impossible, and system will not let you to the next stage, but it does if you change questionnaire as you are applying for SP. Has anyone encountered this, and what is the way around?

Masjuy

Dec 6, 2020
I understand Protected Person need to extend work permit when it expires to continue working. I am aware that for the minor, they are exempted from Study Permit if they are Conventional Refugee or if Parents are. However, they are (minor) required to keep valid VISITOR record while in Canada, I suppose until they received COPR. Applying to extend visitor status online under current covid guideline is impossible, and system will not let you to the next stage, but it does if you change questionnaire as you are applying for SP. Has anyone encountered this, and what is the way around?
I guess you should apply under study permit extension

Reactions: Simba112