Minor Changes in CEC forms August & September 2013

iamroth

Champion Member
Jan 26, 2013
Category........
App. Filed.......
23-03-2018
There are minor changes in CEC forms.

- Document Checklist: Now adds a paragraph on language tests validity.
- Additional Family members: Now asking for each member's email address (!!!) + Only need to sign the form once (before we had to sign it twice).

Just to let you guys know about the changes.

I am not sure how this is going to affect people who 'just sent' their application in September, with old forms.

Any ideas?

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
I just sent my application last night with old forms. Checked before sending and there was no change in the family information form. I submitted the new document checklist tho. I'll email a scan of family information when I get my AOR tho.

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
Any idea if it will affect applications sent this weekend?? Since it kinda happened at the same time.

Anyone?

LPS

Champion Member
Aug 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-08-2013
AOR Received.
07-10-2013
Med's Request
07-03-2014
Med's Done....
26-03-2014
LANDED..........
09-04-2014
I noticed that a new Document Checklist came out in August and almost had a panic attack. I submitted my application at the start of August, probably before the form was released. I expect that the old checklist will still be accepted, given that the new checklist imposes no new restrictions.

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
LPS said:
I noticed that a new Document Checklist came out in August and almost had a panic attack. I submitted my application at the start of August, probably before the form was released. I expect that the old checklist will still be accepted, given that it imposes no new restrictions.
Yes, if you've submitted before the new form got released ( doc. checklist got released end of Aug ) you should be fine.
However, I submitted my application the same day than the updated got released 8)

yahoo7

Champion Member
Nov 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
From what I have heard from my friends, when the new forms are put on the website, cic still accepts the old forms till sometime and they are not retired immediately.so if you have sent same day as the forms changed, I don't think it's an issue.

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
yahoo7 said:
From what I have heard from my friends, when the new forms are put on the website, cic still accepts the old forms till sometime and they are not retired immediately.so if you have sent same day as the forms changed, I don't think it's an issue.
Phew, that's good news. Haha. Wouldn't even make sense that the day they release new forms to stop accepting old
forms right away.

iamroth

Champion Member
Jan 26, 2013
Category........
App. Filed.......
23-03-2018
iam_toby said:
Any idea if it will affect applications sent this weekend?? Since it kinda happened at the same time.

Anyone?
Personally I don't think it would affect any application in September, at least, because the change in question is very minor, and a lot of people from all over the world are going to use the old forms to fill out their application for another 2 months (give or take :p ) .

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
iamroth said:
Personally I don't think it would affect any application in September, at least, because the change in question is very minor, and a lot of people from all over the world are going to use the old forms to fill out their application for another 2 months (give or take :p ) .
I agree, 2 months seems like a lot of time tho.
However, I have the updated document checklist in my application, only missing the new Family Information form
that got updates today.