+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Minor Alone 5(2) Applications

war1000

Apr 4, 2024
I meant about the parent. If the Parent got Canadian Citizenship by Naturalization , what option did you provide? If parent has an account for downloading e-certificate, you can use it to download the minor as well. If the parent doesn't have an account, wait for IRCC to send instructions to download the minor's certificate.
Ah I see. No, we (parent) got citizenship when it was still paper format. I think almost 20-30 years ago. So no account for parent on that particular site.

Reactions: sri88

sri88

Star Member
Sep 2, 2022
Reactions: war1000

sri88

Star Member
Sep 2, 2022
Dear all, I have an update for the 5(2) - non-concurrent ( Minor with a Canadian parent application). I applied for my child after acquiring my citizenship under 5(2).

Timeline and comments:
  • 4th Aug 2023- Application filed ( Minor 5(2)- non concurrent - Online application with e-certificate)
  • 12th Sep 2023- AoR - 2 days after was able to link the application in the status portal. Everything except Oath and Test: in progress. (note: the applicant is a minor, so not required)
  • Sep 2023- April 2024- Complete Silence in between requested a couple of GCMS notes, and there was no progress.
  • 4th April 2024 ( 8 months after filing) - received an email from " Client Information" with "Subject: Destruction of PR card "
" Please be advised that we have finalized your grant application, and an eCertificate will be issued to you.
Upon receiving your Citizenship Certificate, you must destroy your permanent resident (PR) card by cutting it in half. Destroy your card even if it is expired or damaged to protect the privacy and security of your personal information."

comments:
  • No status change in the application Portal
  • No e-certificate download instruction email
  • Application processed completely at CPC Sydney ( Niagara Falls Secondary office)
I made a trial to download the certificate using my IRCC account, and it worked. So, in summary, I received the email above and, on the same day, was able to download the e-certificate from my (parents' ) IRCC account.

I hope this will help non-concurrent minor applicants. Thank you
5th April 2024: Certificate download email received