+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Minister intervention withdrawal

miaa_00

Star Member
Mar 17, 2021
Hi,
I had my first hearing scheduled in Jan 2021, but a day before it got postponed due to RPD inviting minister to intervene. after 15 days I got another hearing date for June 2021, and then after 15 days minister replied to RPD that he will be intervening in person or he might withdraw the intervention after reading my evidences and story in detail. Last Thursday I got a cl from my lawyer and was asked to visit his office as soon as possible as the minister was willing to speak to me over the phone. Minister was very positive about my case over the phone he told me after going through all evidences he has decided not to continue with his intervention and that he is satisfied with my claim. He didnt oppose my claim whereas, he was in my favour. He said RPD will make a decision on my claim. My worry is that if I will go for scheduled hearing in May or what will be the next step. I will be grateful if people can share their experiences and have been in same situation?

Majidksa2013

Star Member
Aug 14, 2017
Mine too I went to court but minister didn’t present in hearing and they refused my case
I did appeal on 21 October 2020 and still waiting

Jan 10, 2017
Hi,
I had my first hearing scheduled in Jan 2021, but a day before it got postponed due to RPD inviting minister to intervene. after 15 days I got another hearing date for June 2021, and then after 15 days minister replied to RPD that he will be intervening in person or he might withdraw the intervention after reading my evidences and story in detail. Last Thursday I got a cl from my lawyer and was asked to visit his office as soon as possible as the minister was willing to speak to me over the phone. Minister was very positive about my case over the phone he told me after going through all evidences he has decided not to continue with his intervention and that he is satisfied with my claim. He didnt oppose my claim whereas, he was in my favour. He said RPD will make a decision on my claim. My worry is that if I will go for scheduled hearing in May or what will be the next step. I will be grateful if people can share their experiences and have been in same situation?
It's a positive sign that minister is not intervening in your case (it shows little strength in your case) . However, RPD will make their decision on their individual opinion about your case for example what board member look at is your credibility, if you're able to convince board member that you're not lying then their verdict could go on to your favor. Think first before answering the question and don't be evasive at all, answer all the questions to the point. Most importantly read your story from every perspective, for example if your didn't go to the police station on the day of attack (Why) it should be understandable reason for not going to the police station.

miaa_00

Star Member
Mar 17, 2021
It's a positive sign that minister is not intervening in your case (it shows little strength in your case) . However, RPD will make their decision on their individual opinion about your case for example what board member look at is your credibility, if you're able to convince board member that you're not lying then their verdict could go on to your favor. Think first before answering the question and don't be evasive at all, answer all the questions to the point. Most importantly read your story from every perspective, for example if your didn't go to the police station on the day of attack (Why) it should be understandable reason for not going to the police station.
Thanks!