+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Mentioning work history in Personal Activities

stholy

Apr 1, 2015
Hi,

So, for the express entry profile, I mentioned only my Canadian work experience under "Work history"

I did not mention my foreign work experience because I was sure that I will not get any reference letters from my past employers.

I am now filling the personal activities sections in my PR application which asks for me my activity since I turned 18.

Is it ok to mention my foreign work experience under this section given the fact that I hadn't done so under "Work history" section?

Thanks in advance!

kakhileshreddy

Jan 6, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
CELPIP-spouse-sept 23- same day submitted
AOR Received.
sept 14
Med's Request
sept 24-passed/recv'd
Med's Done....
sept 24
Passport Req..
FEB 24
Re: Mentioning work history in Personal Details

i am at the same situation.. i have 1.5 years of foreign work exp but no reference letters not pay slips..

i just have offer letters and my bank statements where it mentions the salaried from XXXX.

even then i entered my foreign work experience..

stholy

Apr 1, 2015

kakhileshreddy said:
i am at the same situation.. i have 1.5 years of foreign work exp but no reference letters not pay slips..

i just have offer letters and my bank statements where it mentions the salaried from XXXX.

even then i entered my foreign work experience..
So, you still mentioned your foreign experience under "Personal Details" section -> Activity?

And, you hadn't mentioned your foreign work experience under "Work History"?

I think they would conclude that we don't have sufficient proof for our experience and maybe they will treat this as just information.

For my work experience I had only mentioned my Canadian experience for which I have all docs.

polojesef

Star Member
Sep 25, 2014

DO NOT claim your history in that field if you don't have reference letters. Leave it blank and just claim Canadian work history.

stholy

Apr 1, 2015

This is for listing the personal activities in the PR application for the last 10 years and not for "Work History".

In the express entry profile, i have only claimed 1 year of Canadian work experience and not any of my foreign work experience since I don't have the supporting documents.

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
I'm stuck with this too.
On the CIC website for documents to upload post ITA it says this:

To prove each work experience claim and to validate that the applicant meets program requirements

Document requirements

The personalized document checklist in MyCIC prompts the applicant with an upload field for each work experience declared.
At completeness check, the processing office only determines whether the required documents are included. The validity or fraudulence of the information is assessed only if and when the application is placed into processing.
The following documents are mandatory for each work experience declared:
So what it is saying, i think, is that you claim you are an IT manager...prove it. You haven't claimed that 8 years ago you were stacking shelves in a supermarket but you have mentioned it in your personal history(what were you doing in 2007) so you don't need to prove it.

I think.