+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

medical- when to schedule, cost?

TJL

Star Member
Jul 2, 2007
I'm an American, my wife is Canadian and we're trying to relocate to Alberta with my wife sponsoring me. According to my research, it will take 3-13 months for this to go through. Our case is extremely simple, first marriage, no children, no criminal records. I've already schedule my medical exam in Seattle, WA. I've read places where one needs to wait until the Canadian government asks for the medical. Have I possibly delayed our relocation to Canada by scheduling my medical without being prompted to do so? What is the typical cost of a medical in the U.S.?
Thanks in advance for responding.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

TJL said:
I'm an American, my wife is Canadian and we're trying to relocate to Alberta with my wife sponsoring me. According to my research, it will take 3-13 months for this to go through. Our case is extremely simple, first marriage, no children, no criminal records. I've already schedule my medical exam in Seattle, WA. I've read places where one needs to wait until the Canadian government asks for the medical. Have I possibly delayed our relocation to Canada by scheduling my medical without being prompted to do so? What is the typical cost of a medical in the U.S.?
Thanks in advance for responding.
You should re-read the instructions for spousal sponsorship. Medicals upfront with the sponsorship prevent delays in the applications. So you don't require a request from CIC to do the medical. There are only 2 DMPs in Washington, http://www.cic.gc.ca/dmp-md/medicalinfo.aspx?CountryID=2040&ProvID=19033&CountryName=United%20States%20of%20America&ProvinceName=Washington
so phone them and ask what their price is for the medical, lab test and x-ray.

PMM

TJL

Star Member
Jul 2, 2007
Thank you PMM! It sounds like it's a good thing to get the medical prior and then send the medical along the application. Have already made the appointment.
Thanks again!

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

TJL said:
Thank you PMM! It sounds like it's a good thing to get the medical prior and then send the medical along the application. Have already made the appointment.
Thanks again!
Don't forget the police certificate go as well.

PMM

tamee

Jul 25, 2007
it is wayy cheaper to goto canada to get your medicals done. im in the states and im going to viosit in october to visit my husband in canada and i am getting them done then.

TJL

Star Member
Jul 2, 2007
Thanks for the responses! PMM, police certificates request is en route to the FBI. Should have them by Sept 10th (approx). Awaiting Revenue Canada for my wife's last tax return. We'll be ready to send everything in at that point.
Tammy, thanks the response. Just came back from a 3 week visit and should've had it done then. Oh well .. .

tamee

Jul 25, 2007
i sent my fbi request off and putt canada immigration on the envelope as well as inside, cant remember if i put a date on the outside of the envelope, do you think this will delay them sending it to me?