+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

medical test sent but still application status waiting

ashek1520

Aug 22, 2012
Hi,
My wife has applied for the spousal open work permit online in India.
To avoid the delay, she got her medical done before applying and attached the medical information statement.
However recent a week ago, she received request for medical test.
We emailed immigration office about this but there is no response in 5 working days.
We called the hospital, they said they have uploaded her results and they cant do anything now. Also they said my wife cant do other test within 1 year of this medical test.

This is a deallock situaion, what should I do?

Please help.
Abhishek

N_Rockstar2014

Star Member
Mar 10, 2014
Hi Abhishek,

I am sorry to hear your current situation. I believe your wife will get the visa soon.
I want my wife to apply for spousal work permit outside Canada. I was wondering whether you could help me in this regard. could you please let me know what documents she submitted? Do you live in Canada ? Did your wife apply from India? My wife wants to come Canada but she applied for visitor visa and get refused. So, if you could let me know how your wife applied for work permit and what documents she submitted, I would be grateful.

AMJ

Mar 2, 2014
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
ashek1520 said:
Hi,
My wife has applied for the spousal open work permit online in India.
However recent a week ago, she received request for medical test.
We emailed immigration office about this but there is no response in 5 working days.
Normally, it would take 2 months for the results to reach the CIC office.

ashek1520

Aug 22, 2012
N_Rockstar2014 said:
Hi Abhishek,

I am sorry to hear your current situation. I believe your wife will get the visa soon.
I want my wife to apply for spousal work permit outside Canada. I was wondering whether you could help me in this regard. could you please let me know what documents she submitted? Do you live in Canada ? Did your wife apply from India? My wife wants to come Canada but she applied for visitor visa and get refused. So, if you could let me know how your wife applied for work permit and what documents she submitted, I would be grateful.
Hi definitely I shall try my best to help you.
I shall write a blog and send it across. That will be useful for everyone. give 3-4 days.
With what permit you re in Canada? is PR or open work permit?
yes I am in canada. Usually if you are married, your visitor visa request for your spouse shall be refused.
if you are here on TRV (work or study), your wife shall be able to apply for spousal open work permit. If you are on PR, I guess u do not have any option other than applying for PR application for her, which takes much longer (this you might have to verify from others).

rajit85

Mar 15, 2014
about SOWP

hey guys...Can u help me out....my wife is currently working in canada and she has valid work permit upto march 2015.....I applied visitor visa last year to meet her when she was studying but it got refused....now i am travelling to USA in two months time and would also want to visit canada to meet her.... what i should go for, visitor visa or spouse open work permit?....and how much time it takes for both the processes and can i apply online for both the cases?...hope u can help me out......thanx

ashek1520

Aug 22, 2012
Re: about SOWP

rajit85 said:
hey guys...Can u help me out....my wife is currently working in canada and she has valid work permit upto march 2015.....I applied visitor visa last year to meet her when she was studying but it got refused....now i am travelling to USA in two months time and would also want to visit canada to meet her.... what i should go for, visitor visa or spouse open work permit?....and how much time it takes for both the processes and can i apply online for both the cases?...hope u can help me out......thanx
Hi,

Usually visitor's visa get rejected for spouse, but it depends on the case. If you have very strong reason for example you are doing say PhD in India, you have a permanent work in India, you might try to prove that you just have plan to visit.
I am not sure if you can apply for both together.
If all documents are right and you can provide satisfactory documents to support your marriage, SOWP can be obtained in 1.5 months. For Visitor visa usually time frame is much smaller but as I said previously its tricky. So if you are applying for visitor visa, provide very strong evidence that u shall come back or else apply for SOWP.

rajit85

Mar 15, 2014
thanx ashek......I am working as a permanent employee in government hospital as veterinarian and moreover i have a reason of my wife's convocation that is in june and can these be the valid reasons to visit?......and what documents should i require for applying SOWP?

N_Rockstar2014

Star Member
Mar 10, 2014
Hi Abhishek,

Thank you for your reply. I have couple of questions regarding the application form. I downloaded the work permit application form. I found that there are some fields for Employer name, job offer and other. Since my wife is applying for spousal work permit, how would she fill these fields. Any help will be greatly appreciated. If I could have your email address, that would be really helpful for me. I could chat and get more information regarding this. My email address is noornayeem@live.com . Appreciate your help.

ashek1520

Aug 22, 2012
N_Rockstar2014 said:
Hi Abhishek,

Thank you for your reply. I have couple of questions regarding the application form. I downloaded the work permit application form. I found that there are some fields for Employer name, job offer and other. Since my wife is applying for spousal work permit, how would she fill these fields. Any help will be greatly appreciated. If I could have your email address, that would be really helpful for me. I could chat and get more information regarding this. My email address is noornayeem @ live.com . Appreciate your help.
You can write not applicable in place of her employer details.
In the place of name of employer write "spouse of worker"
leave other space empty.
My blog on my submission process, might be useful: http://abhishek-merablog.blogspot.ca/2014/03/spousal-open-work-permit-sowp.html
U might like to add comments there if some information is missing there. good luck.

ashek1520

Aug 22, 2012
rajit85 said:
thanx ashek......I am working as a permanent employee in government hospital as veterinarian and moreover i have a reason of my wife's convocation that is in june and can these be the valid reasons to visit?......and what documents should i require for applying SOWP?
Please refer to http://abhishek-merablog.blogspot.ca/2014/03/spousal-open-work-permit-sowp.html