+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

MEDICAL SURVEILLANCE

Arjun Singh Rawat

Star Member
Feb 1, 2018
Hi, I recently applied for Canadian PR. I’m currently on post graduate work status and live and work in Canada. Today I received this email from CIC-
Good Day,

The results of your immigration medical examination (IME) indicate that you are required to report to a provincial/territorial public health authority (P/T PHA), as you may have a medical condition considered to be one of public health significance in Canada requiring a medical follow-up referred to assurveillance.

The P/T PHA has the responsibility to conduct a medical follow-up according to established protocols. Therefore, you may receive a letter or a phone call from the P/T PHA regarding next steps to completing medical surveillance. The P/T PHA must inform Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) that you have complied with medical surveillance for IRCC to update your file.
.......CIC has asked me to wait (and that it can be 6 months because of Covid) and then Public/provincial health with be in touch with me.
Can someone please share if they had similar experience or knows something about it. I would really appreciate your help

Jjkk

Apr 29, 2021
Hi, I recently applied for Canadian PR. I’m currently on post graduate work status and live and work in Canada. Today I received this email from CIC-
Good Day,

The results of your immigration medical examination (IME) indicate that you are required to report to a provincial/territorial public health authority (P/T PHA), as you may have a medical condition considered to be one of public health significance in Canada requiring a medical follow-up referred to assurveillance.

The P/T PHA has the responsibility to conduct a medical follow-up according to established protocols. Therefore, you may receive a letter or a phone call from the P/T PHA regarding next steps to completing medical surveillance. The P/T PHA must inform Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) that you have complied with medical surveillance for IRCC to update your file.
.......CIC has asked me to wait (and that it can be 6 months because of Covid) and then Public/provincial health with be in touch with me.
Can someone please share if they had similar experience or knows something about it. I would really appreciate your help

Hlo dear
I also received the same email.
How long this process take?
Does it affects on your PR?
Thankyou

Ek0101

Apr 30, 2021
Hlo dear
I also received the same email.
How long this process take?
Does it affects on your PR?
Thankyou
I per my knowledge if they are just telling you to contact with ph regarding medical Serveillance then it might not be effect your pr process but you have to go through treatment for several months. But if they are telling you to contact panel physician fir additional information they it will definitely effect your case may be processing time longer than usual. Nothing then else