+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Medical result Prerequisite for transfer?

ChinaLeon

Mar 6, 2024
Is medical result a Prerequisite for transferring case from Canada to local visa office (mine will be to Hong Kong office)?
I want to delay the medical exam as much as possible, without delaying the application reviewing process, because the medical result is only good for 1 year, and the application could not be finishied within 1 year, so I have to retake the exam. Another reason is that I want to land just before summer, when everything is warm in Canada. If I take medical before this May, I will have to land before the May next year.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Is medical result a Prerequisite for transferring case from Canada to local visa office (mine will be to Hong Kong office)?
I want to delay the medical exam as much as possible,
They can process things in parallel, or they can wait for them to happen before proceeding to next step. Very unlikely anyone here can tell you with certainty how, procedures change.

I believe the medical instructions letter tells the applicant to do them within 30 or 60 days. They may or may not be strict with that, but they can cancel the app if you don't do it in time. Again, doubtful anyone can give you reassurances beyond a guess. (Those who have reasons to delay - like no appointmetns available - and provide documentation of such usually haven't had problems, esp during covid.)

So up to you. Maybe they won't get around to it. I doubt anyone would consider your desire to time it for the weather an important reason. I certainly don't.