Star Member
Jun 1, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Hong Kong/Gatineau
LANDED..........
11-04-2017
Hello friends, I'm new to this forum. I'd like to ask about handling the medical report after my application has been approved (final decision) very recently. I went through the medical exam this April, before lodging the application in May, so the report will expire in April 2017. However, my schedule is a bit tight for getting myself ready to enter Canada before April 2017. It doesn't seem that I can extend the medical report (or reassess, in the words of IRCC). Has anyone been faced with this or do you have suggestions?

If really necessary, April will still do, but that would create some problems, like 1) I need to resign very soon; 2) the fateful flight can be hard to book; 3) hard to move, handle bank accounts, housing and so on...

Sorry if the thread looks redundant relative to old posts.

alimzlm

Star Member
Jul 12, 2011
I heard that you can ask to extend your medical for three month (i.e. from 12 months to 15 months).
please raise CSE and update us .
https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx?_ga=1.5075443.1796064357.1449555034

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
tco23 said:
Hello friends, I'm new to this forum. I'd like to ask about handling the medical report after my application has been approved (final decision) very recently. I went through the medical exam this April, before lodging the application in May, so the report will expire in April 2017. However, my schedule is a bit tight for getting myself ready to enter Canada before April 2017. It doesn't seem that I can extend the medical report (or reassess, in the words of IRCC). Has anyone been faced with this or do you have suggestions?

If really necessary, April will still do, but that would create some problems, like 1) I need to resign very soon; 2) the fateful flight can be hard to book; 3) hard to move, handle bank accounts, housing and so on...

Sorry if the thread looks redundant relative to old posts.
If the final decision is already approved, and your COPR has been issued, you really can't extend it anymore.

You can make a short visit to Canada to have your COPR signed, and then return back to your home country to settle your affairs. Easier said and done, I know, but in a vacuum, that's the way to go about it. Be mindful of the PR residency obligation though.

If you are still waiting for the approval, then you are one of the few people who may actually be looking forward to extending or retaking their medical.

tco23

Star Member
Jun 1, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Hong Kong/Gatineau
LANDED..........
11-04-2017
Thanks to both of you for your quick reply.

bellaluna said:
If the final decision is already approved, and your COPR has been issued, you really can't extend it anymore.

You can make a short visit to Canada to have your COPR signed, and then return back to your home country to settle your affairs. Easier said and done, I know, but in a vacuum, that's the way to go about it. Be mindful of the PR residency obligation though.

If you are still waiting for the approval, then you are one of the few people who may actually be looking forward to extending or retaking their medical.
Final decision is already there; I'm yet to receive COPR, but I left the above enquiry, in different wording, to the authorities before the approval.
I actually think of this very short visit too - despite, obviously, all the haste. I can, say, visit Canada shortly before April to secure the PR card and other things, return to my hometown even for a few months before I finally settle down.

tco23

Star Member
Jun 1, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Hong Kong/Gatineau
LANDED..........
11-04-2017
New discussion from me. If the date cannot be extended, it means I need to visit Canada before April. But I cannot go back easily without the PR card. I don't gather that I can keep the job in hand while waiting for maybe a month for that PR card while in Canada.

My current job alone is a major issue in my road to Canada.

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you have any friends or family in Canada you can ask them to mail you the PR card.

tco23

Star Member
Jun 1, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Hong Kong/Gatineau
LANDED..........
11-04-2017
DelPiero07 said:
If you have any friends or family in Canada you can ask them to mail you the PR card.
Thank you. I'll give some thought to it.