+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Medical record question

gidness

May 11, 2007
Hi all,

Just a wee question regarding the medical records. I am hoping for my Canadian common-law partner to sponsor me to go to Canada and I had my medical in June in Edinburgh. The results were sent to London though we only applied for the visa 2 weeks ago, to Mississauga. Am i right in saying they forward the case to the visa processing office in London? Where they will have kept my medical results? The whole visa process is stressful and just want it to be over with so we can continue with our lives freely in Canada.

Many thanks,

Olly

Taffy

Sep 24, 2007
Hi Olly,

I think you done the same thing as me, I am British my husband Canadian and our application went to Mississuga without mediacls, apparently it all has to be sent to Mississuga, and then they will forward to the embassy in London if everything is ok.

I hope this helps.

Taffy

gidness

May 11, 2007
thanks very much for the reply, so did the medical results in your case get sent to London first instead of mississauga? as thats what has happened with me, same thing I have done with my police record check for australia (i was there for a year). I had them send it to the visa office in London as I thought thats where everything went first. the thing was after my medical, the lady said it was supposed to get sent to London so thats what got us confused.

cheers

olly

Taffy

Sep 24, 2007
Hi Olly,

I believe once you have the medical the DMP will send the relevant information to the visa office dealing with your application, it wouldn't hurt also to send a copy to Mississuga. Then your covered both ways.

Hope this helps.

Taffy

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Taffy said:
Hi Olly,

I believe once you have the medical the DMP will send the relevant information to the visa office dealing with your application, it wouldn't hurt also to send a copy to Mississuga. Then your covered both ways.

Hope this helps.

Taffy
You include the receipt portion of the IMM 1017 EFC given to you by the DMP with the sponsorship to Mississauga, thats how they marry up the file easily.

PMM