+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

MEDICAL RE-ASSESSMENT- PLS ADVISE

cec1985

May 5, 2014
Can somebody please advise here:

I applied under CEC for me and my spouse in November 2013 last year from Canada. Both of us live in Canada. My application was later forwarded to Ottawa and all the correspondences have been from Ottawa office. In May 2014, i was asked to do only my Medical, and in June this month i was also asked to pay for RPRF.

This week (June 02, 2014), i received an email from the Canadian high commission in my home country asking for Medical Re-assessment for my spouse and was just given 7 days! Anyway, they didn’t said anything just asked for this email to be taken to one of the CIC approved Physicians in our area.

So, today we went to one of the panel physicians, but my spouse IME No. (which was sent with the email) is not showing up. We now live in Canada and every doctor i called has Emedical and so they can't send her medical anywhere else but Ottawa (since the system now is Emedical based). This IME is same old IME number which my spouse was issued last year when she applied for her Worker visa from our home country.

Any advise will be highly appreciated- i don’t know why would this come from my home country when my application is being processed at Ottawa and my other correspondences have been with Ottawa as well.

Thanks guys

bondbond

Star Member
Jun 18, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Generally CIC considers the medicals done in the last 1 year. In your case, they might have considered the medicals she did when applying for the WP. If they asked for re-assessment, they might have found something of concern and would want to clarify things. (which doctor did you do the medicals earlier. is he/she still empanelled ? )

Try checking with some other doctor if your wife's Id shows up in their system. You can do the emedicals and let the cic know via a email that you have completed the medicals as requested.

cec1985

May 5, 2014
Thanks for replying.
my spouse did her medicals in Feb (last week) 2013, so its over a year now..Anyway she got Work permit based on the the medical she did last year in February.
What i don't understand is when my application is being processed in Ottawa (all other correspondences have been from Ottawa), why would a foreign office get involved and complicate matters..? anyway I have replied back to the email i got from my home country as well as to CPC Ottawa, asking for next steps. Since the email only gave a 7 day deadline which was almost impossible to meet, so i have also requested for an extension.