+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Medical Inadmissibility PR for dependent & disabled child

Dec 24, 2021
Hi,

Can someone please guide me about the PR query for my daughter, who is a dependent and disabled child?

Here are the details :
My company id filing my LMIA so that I can get the PR. I will file the PR for my wife and daughters. The concern I have is about one of my daughters, who is a spinal Muscular Atrophy Type -2 patient. This is a neuro-muscular genetic disease that disabled the child to move, stand up, walk, and all physical activities. She is totally dependent on us. I would like to know if we will face any challenges in getting the PR for her? If yes, will she be entitled for all the medical facilities as that of any other PR ?

Thanks,
Sandeep Kumar

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi,

Can someone please guide me about the PR query for my daughter, who is a dependent and disabled child?

Here are the details :
My company id filing my LMIA so that I can get the PR. I will file the PR for my wife and daughters. The concern I have is about one of my daughters, who is a spinal Muscular Atrophy Type -2 patient. This is a neuro-muscular genetic disease that disabled the child to move, stand up, walk, and all physical activities. She is totally dependent on us. I would like to know if we will face any challenges in getting the PR for her? If yes, will she be entitled for all the medical facilities as that of any other PR ?

Thanks,
Sandeep Kumar
If your family is approved for PR, then yes, your daughter will be entitled ot receive the same health care coverage as any other PR.

In terms of whether your daughter's condition will create issues in getting PR approved for your family, I can't tell you what the outcome will be. She will need to take and pass a medical. If her condition is severe and IRCC has concerns that the medical care / social care she will require in Canada exceed certain thresholds, then you should expect to receive a procedure fairness letter that will indicate that IRCC plans to refuse the application. You will then have an opportunity to argue that the costs of your daughter's care will not exceed excessive demand thresholds.

Ultimately no one here can tell you what will happen and if your daughter's condition will create issues or if you'll be approved. It will depend on the severity of her condition and how IRCC assesses the costs of her care.

Note that she must pass the medical in order for the rest of the family to be approved. If she fails he medical, the entire application will be refused.

Good luck.

Pinksky

Jan 14, 2022
Hi,

Here are the details :

Thanks,
Sandeep Kumar
Hi..Have you filed the PR and whats the status? I hope all goes well