+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Medical exams for my common law partner

Alberto S

Nov 29, 2022
Hello everybody, the last week we received the invitation for medical exams for PR for my common law partner and me, she has been diagnosed of pulmonary hypertension 15 years ago . I. Would like to. Know if anybody has an experience with this tipe of disease.and what to expect Thanks in advance.

LOLR1

Star Member
Aug 11, 2021
Asking for a specific sickness or condition can be tricky.
As a general rule, if the person doesn't have a STD or has not had Tuberculosis, it should be fine.
When in doubt, calculate how much they spend in their healthcare per year. To pass the immigration application, it should be less than the current threshold of $24,057 per year, this is the most recent value I could find.

"January 4, 2022

The annual cost threshold figure for excessive demand on health and social services has been updated. The average Canadian per capita health and social services cost has increased from $7,266 to $8,019, and 3 times that average has been updated from $21,798 to $24,057."

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/updates/2022-cost-threshold.html

Cheers

Reactions: Alberto S

Alberto S

Nov 29, 2022
Asking for a specific sickness or condition can be tricky.
As a general rule, if the person doesn't have a STD or has not had Tuberculosis, it should be fine.
When in doubt, calculate how much they spend in their healthcare per year. To pass the immigration application, it should be less than the current threshold of $24,057 per year, this is the most recent value I could find.

"January 4, 2022

The annual cost threshold figure for excessive demand on health and social services has been updated. The average Canadian per capita health and social services cost has increased from $7,266 to $8,019, and 3 times that average has been updated from $21,798 to $24,057."

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/updates/2022-cost-threshold.html

Cheers
Thanks for your response,

Reactions: LOLR1

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello everybody, the last week we received the invitation for medical exams for PR for my common law partner and me, she has been diagnosed of pulmonary hypertension 15 years ago . I. Would like to. Know if anybody has an experience with this tipe of disease.and what to expect Thanks in advance.
Ultimately it depends on the severity of the condition and what treatment the IRCC medical assesses she will required in the next 5-10 years. If the condition is mild / moderate with no expectation of expensive treatments or surgery required in the next 5-10 years, then she should be fine. On the other hand, if IRCC determines treatment will be required and the costs of that treatment exceed the threshold, then you'll receive a PFL indicating they plan to refuse the application for medical reasons and then you will have an opportunity to respond and convince IRCC that the medical costs will not be above the excessive demand threshold. However hopefully it doesn't get to that and her condition isn't serious enough to impact your application. Good luck and hope this helps.

Alberto S

Nov 29, 2022
Ultimately it depends on the severity of the condition and what treatment the IRCC medical assesses she will required in the next 5-10 years. If the condition is mild / moderate with no expectation of expensive treatments or surgery required in the next 5-10 years, then she should be fine. On the other hand, if IRCC determines treatment will be required and the costs of that treatment exceed the threshold, then you'll receive a PFL indicating they plan to refuse the application for medical reasons and then you will have an opportunity to respond and convince IRCC that the medical costs will not be above the excessive demand threshold. However hopefully it doesn't get to that and her condition isn't serious enough to impact your application. Good luck and hope this helps.
thanks scylla , the treatment she has had the last 10 years is a medication is used alone to treat the hypertension and like this She has been stable for the last years the medication is not Very expensive she get it normally in all pharmacies

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
thanks scylla , the treatment she has had the last 10 years is a medication is used alone to treat the hypertension and like this She has been stable for the last years the medication is not Very expensive she get it normally in all pharmacies
In that case she shouldn't have any issues with the medical.

citizenshipcanada

Sep 1, 2011
@scylla
In an unrelated note, someone asked me if "completeness check" is equal to AoR, I am not quite sure what to answer them.
The person is trying to apply for a "Bridging open work permit for permanent residence applicants" for Quebec skilled workers.
Any input is appreciated.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/work-canada/extend-permit/bridging-open-work-permit.html
AOR (Acknowledgement of Receipt) is automatically generated by the Express Entry system providing confirmation that an application was submitted successfully.

The completeness check is the first stage of the application processing. At the completeness check, the processing office determines only whether the required documents are included according to the document checklist requirements in place at the time the application is received.

Reactions: LOLR1

LOLR1

Star Member
Aug 11, 2021
AOR (Acknowledgement of Receipt) is automatically generated by the Express Entry system providing confirmation that an application was submitted successfully.

The completeness check is the first stage of the application processing. At the completeness check, the processing office determines only whether the required documents are included according to the document checklist requirements in place at the time the application is received.
Thank you @citizenshipcanada
For completeness I do not recall if they ever say anything to us about when it was completed during the application process, maybe in IRCC portal appeared when this step was finalized.
I guess I will tell this person that completeness check will come after AoR, which will take around 6-9 months for Quebec Skilled Worker (inland application).