+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Medical exam

Lyndsea

Jul 11, 2020
My husband recently had 4 surgeries in his eyes to help correct and stop Keratoconus and he is due to be asked for a medical exam very soon. I know he will have 90 days to complete their request. Should we do it right away or wait for a bit until his eyes have recovered more? Are his eyes going to be big factor in determining if he is healthy or not or are they looking for different things? Could they use his eyes as an excuse not to let him immigrate to Canada?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
My husband recently had 4 surgeries in his eyes to help correct and stop Keratoconus and he is due to be asked for a medical exam very soon. I know he will have 90 days to complete their request. Should we do it right away or wait for a bit until his eyes have recovered more? Are his eyes going to be big factor in determining if he is healthy or not or are they looking for different things? Could they use his eyes as an excuse not to let him immigrate to Canada?
For spousal sponsorship, they're looking for things that represent a danger to Canadians - mainly communicable diseases. His surgeries shoot not be an issue.

ourcanadavisa

Nov 24, 2016
Hi,

IRCC website says we can get a copy of the medical exam? Is it only the blood test reports or the complete report including everything? How to get this?
If anyone have done it please reply.

Getting a copy of your medical exam
If you want a copy of your medical exam, please ask the doctor when you’re there.

Medical reports and x-rays for the medical exam become our property. We cannot return them to you.

Waiting_F23

Sep 23, 2021
For spousal sponsorship, they're looking for things that represent a danger to Canadians - mainly communicable diseases. His surgeries shoot not be an issue.
Agree with this, they will ask for history etc. and do a quick eye / vision test.

MJSPARV

Sep 17, 2020
Hi,

IRCC website says we can get a copy of the medical exam? Is it only the blood test reports or the complete report including everything? How to get this?
If anyone have done it please reply.

Getting a copy of your medical exam
If you want a copy of your medical exam, please ask the doctor when you’re there.

Medical reports and x-rays for the medical exam become our property. We cannot return them to you.
You have to ask the doctor who did the exam for the medical exam report