+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Medical Exam

jade

Star Member
Apr 6, 2009
Hi! I was a live in caregiver but got married to a canadian in January this year. My husband's sponsoring me and apply for permanent residency OUTLAND. I have a series of questions about this application since I've been trying to gather all the requirements since January.

1. Do I still need to undergo medical examination since I've had a medical exam already in HK before I got here in August,2008?
2. Is my husband eligible to sponsor me since he filed for bankruptcy in 2006 and got discharged 2007?
3. What is the address of the case processing centre in Missisuaga?
4. I'm planning to process it in Buffalo but I'm here in Alberta? Is that feasible? I haven't been to the US yet? Is it true that I have to process in my homeland or the last country where I resided for at least a year?
5. Finally, if they give me a visa, do I need to go to the US to get it?

I hope someone helps me with this questions in mind. I was thinking of hiring an immigration lawyer but it's too expensive. I'm on EI right now and I can't afford it plus the fact that we already have a baby who was born in March. Thank you so much to anyone who has an idea what to tell me.