+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

medical exam

Anhnguyen88

Jul 15, 2012
hi everyone,

I applied in January and just received information & fee update and medical request on Nov 14th, noted that I did fill out my husband as family member but not accompany with me. on the medical request email, the person requested to do the medical is my husband name with UCI different to me. I don't understand, is there any mistake?? Am I supposed to do the medical exam? We think they may process my husband as well, but they asked to pay the fee only $490 (only one person)

Is there anyone has the same situation or explanation for me please? I'm so confused :eek:

Thanks

eds1275

Champion Member
Sep 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-01-2013
AOR Received.
17-02-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
17-02-2013
Med's Request
04-11-2013
Med's Done....
06-11-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
04-12-2013
VISA ISSUED...
04-12-2013 (received on 17-12-2013)
LANDED..........
19-12-2013 (Peace Bridge, Fort Erie)
See www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/cec/apply-after.asp

You must have a medical exam before you can become a permanent resident. Your family members must also have one, even if they are not coming with you.

We will not accept your application if your health:

is a danger to Canada’s public health or safety, or
would cause too much demand on health or social services in Canada.
We will send you a letter to tell you how to get the medical exam after we send your application to the visa office.

Anhnguyen88 said:
hi everyone,

I applied in January and just received information & fee update and medical request on Nov 14th, noted that I did fill out my husband as family member but not accompany with me. on the medical request email, the person requested to do the medical is my husband name with UCI different to me. I don't understand, is there any mistake?? Am I supposed to do the medical exam? We think they may process my husband as well, but they asked to pay the fee only $490 (only one person)

Is there anyone has the same situation or explanation for me please? I'm so confused :eek:

Thanks

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Anhnguyen88 said:
hi everyone,

Yes, your husband does have to complete the medical exam now, even if he does not plan to accompany you now.

It seems that you did not receive a medical request for yourself, tho, is that the main part of the confusion? I would suggest emailing CIC about this, and ask -