+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Medical exam- URGENT suggestions pls

mee0088

Jun 21, 2012
Hello
I have an issue here... Any suggestion is appreciated.
Me and my husband were in Canada for 2 years and applied for PR. While we were there my husband experienced seizures and was diagnosed as epileptic and he was put on medication. Since then he has had NO seizures at all and is perfectly alright. We are back to UK now. Our application has been accepted by immigration and Recently we got a mail for medical exam.
Now the problem is to reveal about the seizures to the medical officer or not..????
Does the immigration has access to the health records in Canada?
Please reply ASAP.

Thanks

maverick1523

Jun 14, 2012
The best thing you need to do is to tell the truth. We really can't comprehend how the immigration work with our medicals. They might have an access with all the Canadian hospitals. That would be the worst part once they found out that he has a medical history. If you tell the DMP the truth and you've said that he is already well, I think there is nothing to worry about. Just my thought. Thank you!

Canada.pr

Star Member
Jun 28, 2011
Hi,
The reason for asking the applicants to undergo medical exam is to determine if they have any contagious disease and that if they are admitted to Canada, will they be a burden to country's medical system (in terms of expenditure and care).

As far as seizure is concerned, I am sure it is not contagious. Regarding expenses, I do not know but you are the best judge.

In any case, it is suggested that you reveal the truth.