+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Medical exam in pregnancy

Pavek

Jun 14, 2017
Hello. Me and my wife just received message that we need to do Medical exam for our PR application. She is pregnant so she can't do X ray. Is there any cases that officers exept or there is no possibility to get PR until X rey is done ? I m the principal on application and she's dependent.

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
Hello. Me and my wife just received message that we need to do Medical exam for our PR application. She is pregnant so she can't do X ray. Is there any cases that officers exept or there is no possibility to get PR until X rey is done ? I m the principal on application and she's dependent.
No possibility until x-ray is done. She can do the medical except x-ray and explain to visa office she's pregnant so will complete x-ray portion only after delivery.

So the PR app can't be approved until she delivers baby, completes x-ray, and baby is also added to application and has infant medical exam done.

Pavek

Jun 14, 2017
Ok thanks. We are temporary in Canada as work permit holders so baby will be born in Canada.
No possibility until x-ray is done. She can do the medical except x-ray and explain to visa office she's pregnant so will complete x-ray portion only after delivery.

So the PR app can't be approved until she delivers baby, completes x-ray, and baby is also added to application and has infant medical exam done.

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
Ok thanks. We are temporary in Canada as work permit holders so baby will be born in Canada.
In that case baby would just be added to "additional family info" section, not as dependent so no medical required.

Some people get the x-ray even if pregnant, as she would wear a protective apron and the actual radiation that reaches fetus is negligible. I've heard you would get more radiation exposure taking a long airplane flight in pregnancy. However ultimately the choice is up to her, she can discuss with the doctor as well.