+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Medical-confusion?

diddagirl

Star Member
Aug 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My boyfriend and I went to get his medical done today, in Calgary. I have long researched the process and felt prepared- and confident that we had chosen an office that knew what they were doing (read a couple reviews on it).

I am sponsoring my American bf through common- his visa office will be Buffalo. As per the receptionist info and the doctors website, my bf needed to bring 3 photos.
So off we went this am, with our Appendix C and the 3 immigration photos. When we arrived the receptionist asked if he was applying in Canada.... I said, we are doing the OUTLAND process. When I presented the receptionist with App C- she said we dont need that when he is in Canada. Clearly, at the top of App C- it states its for Outland apps, which is my bf's case. She said "but his application is being sent in Canada, right?" I explained to her, that although our application was being sent to Missisauga initially, they would be transfering it to the visa office responsible for my bf's country- which is Buffalo. She "mmm hmmmmd" a couple times and then said, ok well we can fill that out then... but you will need 2 more pictures then.
She was accomodating in the sense that we could bring in the remaining two photos on Monday, and she gave me Section A to complete and bring back with Appendix C and the additional 2 photos. She said that they medical wouldnt be ready for a couple weeks anyways, so she would definitely have all his documents ready by then....and would then my bf his copy of Section A.

I am all freaked out that this is gonna get messed up now! She assured me it would be fine...and I confirmed that his application will be sent to Ottawa. Because the receptionist questioned me why we were filling out Appendix C etc...for an American applying outland, I am now second guessing myself and all I have read. Can anyone who has got their medical for the outland process confirm and reassure me that all willl be ok??

Thanks!

UK2TO

Star Member
Sep 1, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-10-2009
Med's Done....
7-10-2009
Passport Req..
25-02-2010
I am planning on having my wifes medical done in canada when she visits....and i called CIC and they said that the medical reports will be forwarded to the approprite office by the dmp you have to tell them that you are applyin outland from the US (buffalo) in your case.....when i called one of the medical office here they said they will prepare the reports and we have to send the reports to the appropriate office...

im in doubt whether they know whats going on at the canadian DMP as they mostly process inland applications.....i don't want to take a chance with this whole medical...its quite expensive...

anyone else have any advice..

Boncuk

Nov 15, 2008
Either way your medicals get transferred to OTTAWA regional medical .. then the office (ie Buffalo) will make the request from Ottawa when they are ready to have your medicals. There is nothing to worry about it is a quite common confusion for those applying outland but doing medicals in Canada. As long as you have record that the medicals were done and being sent to Ottawa you have nothing to worry about it. Just make sure you inform them that your case will be processing in Buffalo and it is NOT an inland.

mitamata

Nov 21, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-02-2009
AOR Received.
27-03-2009
Med's Done....
03-12-2008
Passport Req..
29-04-2009
VISA ISSUED...
06-05-2009
LANDED..........
27-07-2009
The Appendix C is supposed to be used by the DMP really. If they say they don't need it, just give it to them and ask them to send it in along with the results. They don't have to do anything with it. And even if they don't send it, I don't think it's even necessary. It's on none of the checklists.

The medical exam is the same if you're doing an inland or outland app, so they can't go wrong there. I think one of the forms looks slightly different, but CIC doesn't really seem to care which one they get. And they always send resuts to Ottawa, so that's fine too. All you need is that form that confirms you did the medical - send that in with your application and Buffalo will be able to get the medical results from Ottawa with it.

Twix

Star Member
Mar 23, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I think the DMP's receptionist was confused. She's probably used to processing in-land cases. I am about to do my medicals as well. From my understanding, since we plan to go through an outland application, I have to print out and fill-out the Appendix C form to take to the DMP. I also have to bring 3 photos and the cash for the process.

diddagirl

Star Member
Aug 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Twix said:
I think the DMP's receptionist was confused. She's probably used to processing in-land cases. I am about to do my medicals as well. From my understanding, since we plan to go through an outland application, I have to print out and fill-out the Appendix C form to take to the DMP. I also have to bring 3 photos and the cash for the process.
Hmm...see thats what I am confused about. Why do I need 2 extra photos? Do outlands normally require 3 or 5 photos for medicals..?

Everyone else, thanks for your info... I will just have to rest assured that as long as I send my proof with my application, then they will request the info from Ottawa and get everything they need!

Boncuk

Nov 15, 2008
Each region is different I guess if she asked for 2 more than give it to her :) I think the norm is between 3-5 anyway. As long as it gets to Ottawa you are fine :) Good luck!