+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Meat cutters (agri food pilot) can be better options than construction trade

Hameshk

Star Member
Mar 17, 2016
Hi guys I'm working in construction company from 3 years with low wage lmia, we had applied high wage lmia on feb since coz of covid 19 we didn't have any decision from service canada and we have loy off, my work permit getting expired soon ,some body is offering me meatcutter lmia, do you think its best option right now to go with them rather than waiting for service canada to make decision on our lmias,that looks though
My consultant told meatcutter is best option it comes under agri food pilot program where only one year experience is needed, in construction trade I have to work for 2 years atleast

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi guys I'm working in construction company from 3 years with low wage lmia, we had applied high wage lmia on feb since coz of covid 19 we didn't have any decision from service canada and we have loy off, my work permit getting expired soon ,some body is offering me meatcutter lmia, do you think its best option right now to go with them rather than waiting for service canada to make decision on our lmias,that looks though
My consultant told meatcutter is best option it comes under agri food pilot program where only one year experience is needed, in construction trade I have to work for 2 years atleast
What do you mean by offering you an LMIA? Is payment involved? Yes food processing is a tough job that many Canadians are not interesting in doing so companies are dependent on foreign workers.

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
So you meet the qualification requirements for NOC 6331 or 9462 Meat Cutter or is this some random consultant recommendation without knowing if you are qualified ? Add to that there is a quota of 1470 applications per year so you would need to hope that quota has not yet been reached

https://noc.esdc.gc.ca/Structure/NocProfile/f67b2ecdb6cf427ab8ee874684ca8254?objectid=CItjEuxSeVpMssFDJxqb75NSakRTf2Ik+MlNm6aPniTI3UtRn8VEIlB4C9Cq7Q1y

https://noc.esdc.gc.ca/Structure/NocProfile/fc17912685db4151b7e51b08b02bc7f6?objectid=qUgvD7hLAV/7SG978RiDD1xdCWTzPo4751puyFCpc9vjlnB2XPx2Urbe1LBjd0GT

Last edited:

Hameshk

Star Member
Mar 17, 2016
Actually according to lmia there is no specific requirement needed n in job bank requirements is "will train. And previouse experience will be asset" noc 6331 falls in essential jobs, I have previously farming experience but not in live stock, I check local consult here it should be fine they said. It two year lmia

Yah03

Jul 14, 2019
Dubai UAE
Hey! I have applied to the program. I also have new coworkers who wants to take this chance to get permanent residency.

If the job being offered to you satisfy all eligibility then grab it right away! The math is you need around 1.5 years to be able to apply for the program. Roughly 3-6 months for a new work permit and a year for the experience. You will have it done by Dec 2021- Jan 2022 which is about the right time the quota refreshes. Worst case it will take you longer and will only be able to submit its last year on 2023. Good luck to you

Hameshk

Star Member
Mar 17, 2016
Yeah I'm going to apply soon actually I don't having good opinion to extend my work permit coz my application for lmia is stuck in service canada and previouse expiring soon and in this programme I have to pay less tax than my construction trade, my consultant says you can Also apply Express entry n bcpnp if you didn't qualify for food pilot program things looks good so far,