+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

May I apply for student visa with 5.5 overall IELTS bands?Uni. admitted me

Oct 25, 2015
I got admission in canadian university in master of engineering but i m worried about visa .because i have only 5.5 overall bands.L:5.5;R:5.5; W:5.0 :S:5.5.
what should I do ?

Jasmine51

Star Member
Dec 17, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Chandigarh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-11-2015
IELTS Request
04-09-2014
Med's Done....
15-05-2015
VISA ISSUED...
27-11-2015
jagrut bhavsar said:
I got admission in canadian university in master of engineering but i m worried about visa .because i have only 5.5 overall bands.L:5.5;R:5.5; W:5.0 :S:5.5.
what should I do ?
May i ask in which univ u got admission?

fahad.ali518

Star Member
Oct 15, 2015
Islamabad, Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
Gerry's International Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
7-Sep-2015
File Transfer...
8-Sep-2015
Med's Request
28-Sep-2015
Med's Done....
13-Oct-2015
Passport Req..
7-Sep-2015
VISA ISSUED...
4-Dec-2015
LANDED..........
26-Dec-2015
jagrut bhavsar said:
what should I do ?
it is very difficult for you to get visa, but to make your case strong make your Strong SOP by clearly mentioning after masters your intentions is to come back to your own country and you are not interested to live their after studies along with this provide evidence of sufficient funds for your study in canada. If you have any property , land or assets then provide the valuation certificate and Best of luck.

abdulrahman040

Star Member
Oct 3, 2015
Canada
Visa Office......
jagrut bhavsar said:
what should I do ?
Some universities waves off IELTS if your education was in English. If your university is ready to wave off your IELTS take an Official Email from the university and submit the print copy of that mail with your visa application.WITHOUT IELTS.

Oct 25, 2015
yes .and that is dalhousie university which is not ask for IELTS if my previous study in English.i have already completed my masters and bachelor of engineering in english.so i can attach the letter.

but visa can be successful?

Jasmine51

Star Member
Dec 17, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Chandigarh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-11-2015
IELTS Request
04-09-2014
Med's Done....
15-05-2015
VISA ISSUED...
27-11-2015
jagrut bhavsar said:
yes .and that is dalhousie university which is not ask for IELTS if my previous study in English.i have already completed my masters and bachelor of engineering in english.so i can attach the letter.

Yes u have equal chances..even if one has good IELTS score, no one can guarantee visa. But yes it becomes a strng proof of ur English capability. So dont attach ur dis score with the application as it wud weaken ur case, just make a strong SOP and submit letter from ur university stating ur admission without IELTS and so on.

Gud luck

abdulrahman040

Star Member
Oct 3, 2015
Canada
Visa Office......
jagrut bhavsar said:

1.) Take an Official mail/letter from Dalhousie University stating your IELTS is waved off. (COMPULSORY)

2.) Take a Medium of Instruction Letter from the University where you studied your B.Tech/M.tech, This letter should state that your education in India was done in English Medium.(HIGHLY RECOMMENDED)

Attach these two letter with your visa application but without IELTS.
(NOTE :Your admission in Dalhouise must be full... not conditional

I dont want to offend you brother but try to improve your English by watching English Movies/Youtube Videos etc