+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

May 2021 Intake from UAE

GHOSTOFR4HU7

Jan 12, 2021
Anyone here applying for the May 2021 intake? I have been accepted at Seneca College for a Graduate Certificate Program in HR. The application was submitted by my agent on 16th December. They have my biometrics from an earlier visit visa application.
Anyone currently waiting to hear on results for their student application?

Shaild

Oct 17, 2019
Anyone here applying for the May 2021 intake? I have been accepted at Seneca College for a Graduate Certificate Program in HR. The application was submitted by my agent on 16th December. They have my biometrics from an earlier visit visa application.
What is your timeline so far? I have applied from UAE as well. Had created similar thread below, you can take a look & leave your details if you like.

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/applications-in-dec-20.716735/#post-9106018

Ras2012

Feb 26, 2021
Did you get any update? I applied in Nov . Did biometrics on Nov30. No update after that. Waiting for medical request

GHOSTOFR4HU7

Jan 12, 2021
Did you get any update? I applied in Nov . Did biometrics on Nov30. No update after that. Waiting for medical request
My application was rejected. They cited all the reasons possible - finances, ties to home country, purpose of travel and all that. My agent says that Abu Dhabi has a very high rejection rate for temporary visas. So apply from another country to increase your chances.

Ras2012

Feb 26, 2021
Thats sad.. when did you get response? I
am born and bought up in Qatar. All studies from Qatar. My husband is my sponsor. Have parents and assets in home country. All financial proof papers attached. What do you think?

Shaild

Oct 17, 2019
My application was rejected. They cited all the reasons possible - finances, ties to home country, purpose of travel and all that. My agent says that Abu Dhabi has a very high rejection rate for temporary visas. So apply from another country to increase your chances.
Yeah typical AUH office response. I assume you are an expat, if you don't mind which country are you from ? Reason being if from one of the third world countries your chances reduces drastically as for someone from first world country with same profile.

I see you had applied on 16th Dec. Did you do medicals upfront ? When did your eligibility review start ? I've applied from UAE as well on 25th Dec with BIO on 30th Dec and there has been no progress ever since.

Ras2012

Feb 26, 2021
Yeah typical AUH office response. I assume you are an expat, if you don't mind which country are you from ? Reason being if from one of the third world countries your chances reduces drastically as for someone from first world country with same profile.

I see you had applied on 16th Dec. Did you do medicals upfront ? When did your eligibility review start ? I've applied from UAE as well on 25th Dec with BIO on 30th Dec and there has been no progress ever since.
I am an expat in Qatar and from India. I applied on 25th Nov and did bio on 30 Nov and no update after that. I did not do medical upfront. So waiting for medical request. I know some one who did before COVID and with one and half month after bio, he had got medical request and withing a week medical approval and in 10 days PPR.. No idea if any one is getting visa via AUH in the current situation.

Shaild

Oct 17, 2019
I am an expat in Qatar and from India. I applied on 25th Nov and did bio on 30 Nov and no update after that. I did not do medical upfront. So waiting for medical request. I know some one who did before COVID and with one and half month after bio, he had got medical request and withing a week medical approval and in 10 days PPR.. No idea if any one is getting visa via AUH in the current situation.
Was this persons file in AUH ? There have been couple of people on this forum who were approved without medicals as well from India citizenship. Cant really tell what's going on these days.

Ras2012

Feb 26, 2021
Was this persons file in AUH ? There have been couple of people on this forum who were approved without medicals as well from India citizenship. Cant really tell what's going on these days.
All middle east applications are processed in AUH. Mine too... Are there applications being approved without medical?? Thats a new info. Lot of applications from India are being approved in good speed. Generally the AUH application processing time is 22 weeks which I know.. and for me 22 weeks will be only in April. But it did not take that long before COVID.

Shaild

Oct 17, 2019
All middle east applications are processed in AUH. Mine too... Are there applications being approved without medical?? Thats a new info. Lot of applications from India are being approved in good speed. Generally the AUH application processing time is 22 weeks which I know.. and for me 22 weeks will be only in April. But it did not take that long before COVID.
I guess it also depends on the intake. Usually it should be 'first in, first out' but VO do it based on the intake. So applying in advance does not really have any incentive apart from increasing your blood pressure and anxiety. All we can do is wait as they wont reply to e-mails or answer calls as well. They keep blaming COVID but it is inefficiency end of the day since they never adapted to the change like many other companies around the world did.

GHOSTOFR4HU7

Jan 12, 2021
Thats sad.. when did you get response? I
am born and bought up in Qatar. All studies from Qatar. My husband is my sponsor. Have parents and assets in home country. All financial proof papers attached. What do you think?
I got my response on 4th of February. The chances for a married female is higher than a single, 31 year old male from India (me). However, considering the strength and legitimacy of my documents, it does not seem that the AUH office is really going into details before rejection. They see the key criteria and just reject without too much thought. Also, AUH is known for rejecting temporary visas. I made and submitted my fiancé's visit visa application from start to finish and she go it without any issues. Goes to show that I just fit a criteria unfortunately. Good luck with yours.

GHOSTOFR4HU7

Jan 12, 2021

I am Indian. I did my medicals prior to submitting the application. I believe the review started at the end of January. Did you apply for a student visa as well? When is your intake?

Shaild

Oct 17, 2019
I am Indian. I did my medicals prior to submitting the application. I believe the review started at the end of January. Did you apply for a student visa as well? When is your intake?
I am going for summer intake. I have applied for SP but had not done medicals upfront as it was not a requirement for UAE. I do realize now that they probably have a system which automatically triggers the VO to view your file if it has medicals done upfront. Otherwise it just gets lost somewhere. Just my assumption.