+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Masters Stream 2020

co2020

May 31, 2020
Im also waiting for the stream i guess we have been unlucky due to COVID otherwise it would have opened in march/april. Now lets see if the open it in October or not.
Lets see what happens
Has anyone had the experience of applying to this stream? I was wondering how exactly the system works. Once it opens, do we only have to enter our name and date of birth and its over or we have to upload all the documents right away? I've heard that we have only about a minute or two before the capacity is full.
I haven't applied before but from what I understand, once the stream opens join the queue and get a spot, if you successfully get in, you will receive a file number within three days. After receiving your file number you have 14 days to upload your documents. Basically your signing in on that day would be to get a file number.

Yes you will fill in your details( Name, date of birth, passport number, etc.) then submit. No you are not submitting your documents immediately. You will do so after you get your confirmation number.

co2020

May 31, 2020
No, just the highlighted part.
Once you register you have 14 days to upload all the supporting documents.

OINP manages its stream intake depending on the labour market, since now there's a lot of unemployment compared to the pre-COVID era it makes sense they're prioritizing job-offer backed streams. They want new PR to pay taxes, not to be potentially unemployed...even if Master's graduates already have jobs.
But the PHD stream is open. It has been open since the beginning of the year till now. I know more people apply to the masters stream but the PHD stream also doesn't require a job.

Based on my analysis since they had 7350 allocations for this year and have used 5555. They are left with 1,795.
So, if another stream asides the masters stream opens in October, that means the MA stream isn't opening this year.

But if the MA stream is happening this year then it should be the next stream that would open.

Last edited:

co2020

May 31, 2020
I think it'll be either at the end of the month or October. They need to wrap the nominations this year and start preparing next year's intakes.
I edited my question after doing a little research. I thought as much. If it doesn't open next month, I don't think it would open this year.

lawrence-west

Sep 10, 2020
Hi! I graduated from a Masters program in August 2019 and started working full time shortly after.

I recently completed my 1 year of full time work in Canada and have submitted my EE profile. My score is currently at 501.

Since I'm also eligible for Masters Graduate Stream, I submitted my information when intake opened earlier and got a confirmation number.

Does it still make sense for me to pursue the Masters Graduate Stream given my decent CRS score? I know if I'm nominated, I can also apply for EE via paper. Can I have two PR applications at the same time?

Thank you!

Reactions: Sobbing

co2020

May 31, 2020
Damn guys I just found out the stream opened today. They usually give an update a day before but didn’t this time around. Congratulations to those who were able to apply. I hope it opens in April next year.

co2020

May 31, 2020
I studied the pattern, there were around 1000 nominations left and past years they wrapped their nominations around October/November, the applications take up to 3 months to process.

This year there's been two FW draws and two IS draws, they also sent NOIs several times. The other streams have been open all year so those 1000 nominations had to be sent either as more NOI or as the Master's stream, which had yet to be open for the first time and it's been the most popular stream for years.
Do you have an idea what points may be used for the masters stream Invitation to apply? if the proposal goes through. I am so worried that the MA stream may now need work experience

co2020

May 31, 2020
Does anyone have an idea what the new proposal would outline as a criteria to receive an invitation to apply for the masters and PHD stream? I am just wondering what the points would be based on. I mean they didn't require job offers. This new proposal may change that.