+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Marriage Certificate , waiting for registration .

robaraz

Aug 9, 2018
Hi everyone ,
I already asked help with question in this forum now i'd like to know if anyone had this issue already.
The anxiety is killing me , I m applying for family sponsorship and i gathered everything ,i just need to fill the papers print them and mail all togheter , i ve been missing just one thing , the marriage certificate .
I know it takes up to 10 weeks at least what ontario service website says , but I've been married since august 1st and yet they didn't register anything so they cant mail it , my question is , is that normal that takes so long ?
I landed in Ontario june 21st and on december 21 my visa is going to expire so im really worried I will not be able to have it in time to mail everything.

alexi99

Oct 25, 2018
Hi, I was in the same situation waiting for the Ontario marriage registration. I waited about 6 weeks until I got impatient and called the Thunder Bay registration office. The service was prompt and the person on the phone was quite helpful. In effect, she told me to submit the request for the marriage license as soon as possible even though the online service has a warning that it takes up to 10 weeks to register a marriage. I submitted the request and the license was mailed to us that day (you can track in online with a number they give you). It actually took them 2 weeks to register the marriage so I was a bit upset I wasted 4 weeks waiting, but happy I didn't wait another 4 weeks! Hope this helps :)