+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Marriage after receiving PR Card

pally30

Jan 25, 2020
Hi,

I got my PR card after landing in Canada and staying for two months in Canada.

I want to go back to India and get married to my boyfriend. These are my questions.

1. Do I have to inform CIC about my marriage even after I have received my PR card?

2. Do I need to show some minimum salary in Canada to sponsor my husband?

3. I read I need to live in Canada for three months to sponsor my husband, would my previous two months count for this purpose?

4. Apart from marriage registration certificate and proof of bona fide marriage, what other documents would my husband need to show? Does he have to show job experience letter from India, education transcripts, salary and tax papers, etc.?

5. Is it better to do the PR sponsor process for my husband myself or pay immigration consultants/lawyers in India or Canada for the process (it does seem really expensive)?

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Answers to a few questions

1)No as you are already a PR.
3)As a PR you need to be living in Canada to apply to sponsor a spouse you cannot submit a spouse sponsorship from outside of Canada as a PR
5)Provided you invest the time and effort to get the documents together and fill the forms in , double / triple checking everything you can do it yourself as most people do. Only if you have some exceptional circumstances would you need an agent.

Reactions: pally30

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi,

I want to go back to India and get married to my boyfriend. These are my questions.

1. Do I have to inform CIC about my marriage even after I have received my PR card?

3. I read I need to live in Canada for three months to sponsor my husband, would my previous two months count for this purpose?

4. Apart from marriage registration certificate and proof of bona fide marriage, what other documents would my husband need to show? Does he have to show job experience letter from India, education transcripts, salary and tax papers, etc.?

5. Is it better to do the PR sponsor process for my husband myself or pay immigration consultants/lawyers in India or Canada for the process (it does seem really expensive)?
1. No.

2. There is no minimum income requirement but you must show how you will support yourselves in Canada without welfare.

3. There is no minimum residency requirement to sponsor but as a PR, you are required to live in Canada throughout the whole process. A few visits of a few weeks are allowed.

4. Look at the guide and checklist to see what is required. He doesn't need to show any of what you mentioned.

5. Majority of people do it themselves.

Reactions: pally30

pally30

Jan 25, 2020
Answers to a few questions

1)No as you are already a PR.
3)As a PR you need to be living in Canada to apply to sponsor a spouse you cannot submit a spouse sponsorship from outside of Canada as a PR
5)Provided you invest the time and effort to get the documents together and fill the forms in , double / triple checking everything you can do it yourself as most people do. Only if you have some exceptional circumstances would you need an agent.

pally30

Jan 25, 2020
1. No.

2. There is no minimum income requirement but you must show how you will support yourselves in Canada without welfare.

3. There is no minimum residency requirement to sponsor but as a PR, you are required to live in Canada throughout the whole process. A few visits of a few weeks are allowed.

4. Look at the guide and checklist to see what is required. He doesn't need to show any of what you mentioned.

5. Majority of people do it themselves.

Lisa72134

Sep 21, 2020
Hi,

I have a similar situation...by any chance you can let me know...how you managed things?

I received my ITA in Sep 2019, submitted documents in Dec 2019, biometric in Jan 2020 and was expected to receive the response by June 2020. However, due to covid situation the response has been delayed.

I plan to wait till I obtain my PR. Once I get my PR, I will land in canada once stay for 15-20 days, come back to India and get married in 2 months, stay in India for 6-7 months. After which I wish return back to Canada and settle for good.

pandeys

Mar 4, 2019
Calgary
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
13-01-2019
AOR Received.
14-01-2019
IELTS Request
28-07-2018
Med's Done....
21-02-2019
LANDED..........
07-11-2019
I have a similar situation...by any chance you can let me know...how you managed things?

I received my ITA in Sep 2019, submitted documents in Dec 2019, biometric in Jan 2020 and was expected to receive the response by June 2020. However, due to covid situation the response has been delayed.

I plan to wait till I obtain my PR. Once I get my PR, I will land in canada once stay for 15-20 days, come back to India and get married in 2 months, stay in India for 6-7 months. After which I wish return back to Canada and settle for good.
Why don't you get married now and add your spouse to the existing application. Way faster, rather than going through the hassle of sponsorship which would take 1 year after your settling in Canada