+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Marriage after Permanent Residence Visa and before Landing

crane13

Aug 10, 2010
Current Status: Ongoing Permanent Residence Visa - Manitoba Provincial Nominee Program (MPNP), waiting for medical request, application is single

Dilemma: going to marry my girlfriend

Question 1:
Can I marry her after my PR visa is released and before landing?
a. If yes, what could be my repercussions?
b. If no, please tell me why?

Question 2:
If I would marry her after my PR visa is released and before landing, is she qualified to apply under MPNP? My aunt as her support (to sign for waiver) since we would be married already. Technically, she would be already my aunt's niece-in-law. This was the suggestion of my consultant. Ain't sure about this after reading the forum. :-\

I am open to any suggestions, advice or opinions for me to have a better judgment on this matter. Especially, question 2.

Thanks a lot for future replies. Hope to hear more insights.

albertaorbust

Feb 8, 2009
crane13 said:
Current Status: Ongoing Permanent Residence Visa - Manitoba Provincial Nominee Program (MPNP), waiting for medical request, application is single

Question 1:

Question 2:
If I would marry her after my PR visa is released and before landing, is she qualified to apply under MPNP? My aunt as her support (to sign for waiver) since we would be married already. Technically, she would be already my aunt's niece-in-law. This was the suggestion of my consultant. Ain't sure about this after reading the forum. :-\

I am open to any suggestions, advice or opinions for me to have a better judgment on this matter. Especially, question 2.

Check this out
http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/buffalo/imm/notice_avis.aspx

hsetin

Star Member
Jul 29, 2009
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-11-2012
AOR Received.
11-12-2012
File Transfer...
11-12-2012
Med's Done....
01-11-2012
Passport Req..
01-03-2013
I was also looking in to this particular issue, and during my search on CIC website, i found that it takes around 1-4 months for them to approve the visa for spouse, and children.
This is much better than US process which freaking takes like 5 years.
So you can apply for him/her later after you have landed.

crane13 said:

Question 1:

Question 2: