+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Marital status change

Pinkzy_10

Mar 18, 2018
Hello everyone !

I recently received my Canada PR and landed here last week. However when I landed, at the border service there was an issue. My marital status had changed last year and I had informed the agency through which I applied for PR about this and they told me that they already informed cic about the change from single to married. But when I reached Canada, border security informed me that there is no change and it’s still showing me as single n not married. They took my passport and marriage certificate and gave me a date after 2 weeks to come and meet them.
Did anyone go through similar issue? Do you know why they took my passport and what’s gonna happen ?

Thank you.

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello everyone !

I recently received my Canada PR and landed here last week. However when I landed, at the border service there was an issue. My marital status had changed last year and I had informed the agency through which I applied for PR about this and they told me that they already informed cic about the change from single to married. But when I reached Canada, border security informed me that there is no change and it’s still showing me as single n not married. They took my passport and marriage certificate and gave me a date after 2 weeks to come and meet them.
Did anyone go through similar issue? Do you know why they took my passport and what’s gonna happen ?

Thank you.
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/marital-status-single-before-landing.479404/