March 2024 - Outland Spousal Sponsorship

Anjali sachin

Mar 22, 2024
India
Category........
FSW
App. Filed.......
29-03-2024
Hey what is your thoughts, if you submit application on feb/ march when it will get PPR as per current trend? ( if they are not applied for TRV)

skrm

Star Member
Jul 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-08-2016
AOR Received.
14-09-2016, AOR2: 27-09-2016
File Transfer...
19-09-2016 Decision made.....: 31march2017
Med's Request
Pass
Med's Done....
16-07-2016
Passport Req..
10 April 2017 Passport Sent...: 11April 2017
VISA ISSUED...
18 April 2017
LANDED..........
28th April 2017
Hello everyone I just got my AOR
Applied on 27 March
AOR APPROVED 9 April 2024

Reactions: dhanadhan

skrm

Star Member
Jul 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-08-2016
AOR Received.
14-09-2016, AOR2: 27-09-2016
File Transfer...
19-09-2016 Decision made.....: 31march2017
Med's Request
Pass
Med's Done....
16-07-2016
Passport Req..
10 April 2017 Passport Sent...: 11April 2017
VISA ISSUED...
18 April 2017
LANDED..........
28th April 2017
That was quick!
Did you apply for outland?
Any other details you can share like country of PA and your status?
[/QUOTE

I am Canadian citizen and my spouse is in India and I applied for Outland application.

Reactions: dhanadhan

Akaur07

Apr 1, 2024
Submitted TRV for spouse under new program on April 8th, got rejected on April 16th stating dumb enlisted reasons contradicting their own new policy.
  • I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as required by paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR (https://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/regulations/SOR-2002-227/section-179.html). I am refusing your application because you have not established that you will leave Canada, based on the following factors:
  • The purpose of your visit to Canada is not consistent with a temporary stay given the details you have provided in your application.

sam001

Star Member
Apr 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-07-2014
AOR Received.
15-10-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
17-04-2015
Med's Done....
22-04-2015
Passport Req..
24-06-2015
LANDED..........
Sept 30, 2015
Hi guys,
Trying to finish up the online portal. I have few questions, where do I submit all the additional documents mentioned in the checklist? Create a giant pdf with all docs and upload under the checklist section? or under Additional Supporting documents ->Checklist and everything in it?
Second question is about the photo, I can just upload a digital copy and it does not need to be photo from a studio with a seal correct?

The important part I need help from any senior here, I applied for my wife's TRV first as that was the fastest option and was planning to do an inland. The application is in limbo and it has been 80 days "pending officer review". My local MP office pushed to bump the application but they did not consider anything so far. Would be safe to go ahead submit the outland application and then raise a webform to link the TRV? I see Akaur07's TRV got refused which makes no sense.

Joey-Jo

Mar 18, 2024
Hi guys,
Trying to finish up the online portal. I have few questions, where do I submit all the additional documents mentioned in the checklist? Create a giant pdf with all docs and upload under the checklist section? or under Additional Supporting documents ->Checklist and everything in it?
Second question is about the photo, I can just upload a digital copy and it does not need to be photo from a studio with a seal correct?

The important part I need help from any senior here, I applied for my wife's TRV first as that was the fastest option and was planning to do an inland. The application is in limbo and it has been 80 days "pending officer review". My local MP office pushed to bump the application but they did not consider anything so far. Would be safe to go ahead submit the outland application and then raise a webform to link the TRV? I see Akaur07's TRV got refused which makes no sense.
Can't answer the second part as I have an ETA and therefore don't need a TRV.

I would suggest uploading a few PDFs focusing on each of the following:
- Photos of you and your partner at various stages in your relationship, including wedding pics, also pics with spouse's family members. About 20 pics will do. Make sure you write on them who is in the photo, the context (ie the location), the date, and state the PA's name and date of birth.
- Any evidence of correspondence (letters, emails, etc) between you and your spouse (scan these) throughout the course of your relationship.
- They also like to see evidence that the marriage/relationship is acknowledged by other family members, so for example social media responses from family members or letters, ANYTHING that shows they support the marriage basically.
- Also any private texts or social chat messages between you an your partner, I would pick the beginning of your relationship, also more recent messages and significant messages inbetween.

I would upload those as different PDFs in the "Additional supporting documents" section.

I did all this for my application and to be honest it was the most time consuming part of completing the forms, but you basically have to show you're in a genuine relationship, not just supply a marriage certificate.

Regarding the photo (I assume you mean the passport style photo of the PA), a lot of photo booths are owned by companies which can email you a digital copy of the photo, with their authorisation shown there. If you have it done anywhere else and have a photo given to you, make sure it is stamped on the back by the studio, with date, their address and telephone number and scan the back of the photo too before you upload it.

Last edited:
Reactions: sam001

Akaur07

Apr 1, 2024
Hi guys,

Smarter option would be to submit outland as it took way longer for them to update you on TRV response. Also They rejected mine stating PA won't leave Canada.

For the photo my PA submitted a studio photo with seal and IRCC requirements followed.

sam001

Star Member
Apr 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-07-2014
AOR Received.
15-10-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
17-04-2015
Med's Done....
22-04-2015
Passport Req..
24-06-2015
LANDED..........
Sept 30, 2015
Smarter option would be to submit outland as it took way longer for them to update you on TRV response. Also They rejected mine stating PA won't leave Canada.

For the photo my PA submitted a studio photo with seal and IRCC requirements followed.
Thanks for your reply.
Did you submit all additional documents such as "wedding photos", messages/emails, last visits, etc in the additional document section?

Akaur07

Apr 1, 2024
Yes i did. So 1 PDF with all pictures - Engagement, Meetings before wedding and A lot after the wedding with each page labelled with details of the events.
2nd PDF - ALL the test msg's info. Started with Call log screenshots, Video call snapshots, WhatsApp chat snapshots and Some email screenshots, Added boarding passes for the visit details too.

Reactions: sam001

jay21

Apr 28, 2022
URGENT I submitted my application yesterday. Just Realized if below is my mistake or Not. IMM 5533 Document Checklist for Sponsoring Spouse.
I am Permanent Resident Living In Canada. I answered N/A to following question. My file is going to return?

Q2. Are you (the sponsor) a Canadian citizen living outside Canada? No or Yes
- I wrote N/A as I am not Canadian Citizen but Permanent resident living in Canada. Did I had to still select no?

However, in IMM 1344 under sponsor eligibility requirement, I answered NO for the same question and Yes for (Do you reside in Canada?)
Please guide what should I do? Will my file gonna be return for this mistake?
Should I submit my file again? and revoke the one I just summited yesterday?

Have anyone faced similar situation?
Thanks for help in advance.