+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

[March 2022] How is the processing time these days for lost PR Card replacement (need to travel)?

cortex471

Mar 8, 2018

Alberta35

Jun 15, 2015
Edmonton
Hi,

I know that processing time is 113 days as per the page below
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/new-immigrants/pr-card/apply-renew-replace.html

But does it usually take all that time to get the new card?
I realized that I lost mine while prepping my citizenship application, and I need to travel around mid June which is 87 days from now..

Can I bet on the card to be back before mid June or should go through urgent replacement process?

Thanks!
I renewed mine last year - submitted in March 2021, it was supposed to take 90 days. I did not hear anything for 90 days so I had to submit a Webform for a status update - once I did that my application started moving. I would request urgent processing since you need the card for travel.

Reactions: cortex471

cortex471

Mar 8, 2018
I renewed mine last year - submitted in March 2021, it was supposed to take 90 days. I did not hear anything for 90 days so I had to submit a Webform for a status update - once I did that my application started moving. I would request urgent processing since you need the card for travel.
Thanks for the reply, Status update hint can be handy in other situations!.

Reactions: Alberta35

Alberta35

Jun 15, 2015
Edmonton
Thanks for the reply, Status update hint can be handy in other situations!.
Good luck! And a tip for the Webform/status update - it wasn't clear to me when I made my inquiry, but you need to attach ALL of the documents you submitted with your application, including the app, IDs, copy of courier confirmation, etc. So be sure to make a copy of everything and have it handy in case you need to make a webform request! I think there were also size limits so I had to convert everything to PDF and minimize the size.