+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Mandatory Quarantine COVID-19

giovannelucas

Sep 8, 2020
Hello everyone,

I know this topic has been covered in a few topics on the forum but I'd like to add a few details in a question.

As a Foreign National entering Canada for Work I will need to quarantine for 14 days as required by the Government of Canada.

As discussed in most post AirBnB's are the most common option, but if a friend was able to receive me at their home would it mean everyone else in the house had to quarantine as well? Or as I'll be staying in a separate room would it ok?

Thank you

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello everyone,

I know this topic has been covered in a few topics on the forum but I'd like to add a few details in a question.

As a Foreign National entering Canada for Work I will need to quarantine for 14 days as required by the Government of Canada.

As discussed in most post AirBnB's are the most common option, but if a friend was able to receive me at their home would it mean everyone else in the house had to quarantine as well? Or as I'll be staying in a separate room would it ok?

Thank you
Yes - everyone else will have to quarantine as well - unless you are going to be living in a separate unit with its own bathroom / kitchen.

Reactions: mashulia_26

giovannelucas

Sep 8, 2020
@scylla, thanks for the reply.
So AirBnB would be ok, but the house only if it's a separate unit.
Wouldn't AirBnB have to be separate as well?
https://www.canada.ca/en/public-health/services/diseases/2019-novel-coronavirus-infection/latest-travel-health-advice.html
On this website they only say Suitable Place for Quarantine without many descriptions, would you know a source of more information?
How is the mandatory quarantine imposed on all residents? Will CSBA agents ask you questions about how the environment, e.g. residents and establish that as I move there everyone must quarantine?
If they deem your presented plans are not acceptable, How likely is it to be referred to a Quarantine facility? Are all travellers withouth acceptable plans turned back?
Thank you

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
https://www.canada.ca/en/public-health/services/diseases/2019-novel-coronavirus-infection/latest-travel-health-advice.html
On this website they only say Suitable Place for Quarantine without many descriptions, would you know a source of more information?
How is the mandatory quarantine imposed on all residents? Will CSBA agents ask you questions about how the environment, e.g. residents and establish that as I move there everyone must quarantine?
If they deem your presented plans are not acceptable, How likely is it to be referred to a Quarantine facility? Are all travellers withouth acceptable plans turned back?
Thank you
It's hit and miss with CBSA. Some people haven't been asked very many questions at all - some have.

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Following quarantine requirements is more about personal responsibility for your health and potentially infecting others you may mix with so not just about instructions which seem to be constantly changing.

As above CBSA are unpredictable but suspect being directed to a government contracted hotel would be last resort as would be being denied entry just based on a quarantine plan. Note that a government contracted hotel would likely be a lot more restricted/managed than taking own responsibility for a quarantine plan.

https://www.canada.ca/en/public-health/services/diseases/2019-novel-coronavirus-infection/latest-travel-health-advice.html#_Mandatory_quarantine_and

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
For AirBnB you essentially have to find your own private unit. Shared AirBnB defeats the purpose of quarantine and you are unlikely to find AirBnB hosts who want to remain quarantined for 14 days with you.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thank you
There can be huge fines if you do not quarantine. If you don’t quarantine you could lead to your workplace being shutdown not to mention you could potentially kill someone if you do spread covid. If you are not prepared to quarantine don’t travel to Canada especially since you are coming from Brazil which is a covid hotspot. I am sure your employer will not be prepared for you to cone to work if you don’t quarantine in advance.