+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Lost PR Card (US citizen, CAN res) - Need to leave Canada in a couple of days

cthought

Aug 22, 2013
Unfortunately, I lost my PR Card yesterday and I am scheduled to go to St. Lucia on vacation Saturday. Since I am a US citizen (I have my US passport) and since the US is visa-exempt, may I enter Canada after the trip with my US passport alone? I have my certificate of landing and COPR. There is not enough time for me to get my new PR card and St. Lucia does not have a visa office. As I am only in St. Lucia for a few days, I don't think that I would be able to get the temporary document from Trinidad & Tobago. Thank you for your help with this issue... it is GREATLY appreciated! :)

CanV

Champion Member
Apr 30, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
cthought said:
Unfortunately, I lost my PR Card yesterday and I am scheduled to go to St. Lucia on vacation Saturday. Since I am a US citizen (I have my US passport) and since the US is visa-exempt, may I enter Canada after the trip with my US passport alone? I have my certificate of landing and COPR. There is not enough time for me to get my new PR card and St. Lucia does not have a visa office. As I am only in St. Lucia for a few days, I don't think that I would be able to get the temporary document from Trinidad & Tobago. Thank you for your help with this issue... it is GREATLY appreciated! :)
You board the flight as a US citizen but you enter Canada as a permanent resident.