+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Lost Passport - NYC Office

AKS79

Jun 19, 2012
Canadian consulate at NYC has emailed me back stating that they received the package on May 7, 2012 but cannot be located.
The office has advised me to inform the authorities who issued my passport that it has been lost and to apply for a new one and they regret the inconvenience that this has caused.

I and my wife are both affected and we are both Indian citizen with valid work permit/visa. Canadian consulate at NYC has now lost all our original travel documents.

I am friggin pissed right now.

If anyone has any helpful advice about how to deal with the lost passport, I would greatly, greatly appreciate it.

Thanks
AKS

sanos8

Jun 24, 2012
Me too in the same situation. An Indian residing at USA with L1B Visa and got a confirmation that they couldn't located my documents :(

Irresponsible response from Canadian Consulate at New York, can someone advise what should we do next. I am planning to file a lost report to Police and proceed further to get all my documents. Meanwhile I have to ask whether remuneration possible for all the expenses going to be incurred.

"This is to advise you that the package containing your application for a Canadian Temporary Resident visa, which you submitted via the United States Postal Service and which was received at the Consulate on May 7, 2012, cannot be located. You are advised to tell the authorities who issued your passport that it has been lost and to apply for a new one. Should you wish to make a new application for a Canadian visa, please enclose a copy of this email and we will expedite your processing.

The Government of Canada is strongly committed to the protection of the personal information of our clients and I would like to assure you that immediate and long term steps to prevent the future inadvertent lost of personal information have been put in place. On behalf of the government of Canada, I would like to offer you our sincere apology for this error and our assurance that we will do everything possible to ensure that it is not repeated.

We regret the inconvenience that this has caused."

AKS79

Jun 19, 2012
Hi sanos8,

Lets join hands and deal with this office.
Have you file a complaint yet? Do you know if they cashed your money order?
You can reach me at "ktchander@gmail.com".

Thanks
AKS

sekusa

Jun 25, 2012
Hi Guys,

One more poor soul here whom the NY canadian embassy abused. I got the exact same letter, I mean exact, as my application too reached on May 7 2012..wondering if one of the inefficient drunk staff at the consulate threw all the application on May 7th into the dumpster.

I think we should fight this injustice done to us and make them pay for this. I am in touch with my state congresswoman, to see what can be done...I would advice you all to do the same.... get in touch with ur senator/congressman especially the ones who are up for reelection this year.

Such a arrogant attitude by the NY canadian consulate...still we dont get the opportunity to get an explanation for a person directly and they think they can getaway by sending a lame email with an apology...how brazen

AKS79

Jun 19, 2012
Guys - It is a classic case were all 3 of our applications reached on May 7th became a victim.
I responded to that so called apology email and haven't heard back from them. Have you guys heard back anything from them?
Let me know if you guys have plan in visiting the consulate? We can all represent together and seek proper closure on this.

Btw, is anyone out there has any consular contacts, emails/phone nos?

Thanks
AKS

TM7384

Jun 29, 2012
I am also in the same boat guys. Me and my wife are on H1B and they cannot locate our passports either. I am thinking of going down there next week to talk to them. Our passports were delivered on May 7th as well.

What should be our course of action?

sanos8

Jun 24, 2012
Mail me on rsanthosh8@gmail.com. As far as we heard the total count is 9, we have to move further.

TM7384

Jun 29, 2012
We received another email from the Canadian Consulate saying they are conducting an investigation with USPS and will give us a status update on July 5th. They had initially said the Canadian Consulate will reimburse us for application fees to replace lost documents, but in today's email said they don't take responsibility and will no reimburse us.

Did all of you also use USPS? We had sent with Priority mail (delivery confirmation).

Shubha29

Mar 25, 2013
Guys,

I faced the same issue , they mailed me saying the passport was not received by consulate while USPS tracking shows it was successfully delivered to the consulate. Really helpless, do we have any answer for this to be sorted out ??????

Please help, me and my wife is affected.

RanjeetST

Jul 29, 2013
I sent my passport on 4th Feb along with temp visa request to LA office. Never got any response.
When I visited them, they said they will come back to me within week, but again no response recieved.

arvindh22

Jan 22, 2014
Guys,
Can someone tell what action you had taken ? Am on the same boat. My passport reached them on 9th Dec 2013 but now they say they haven't received it.
Thanks,
Aravind

stillwaiting2

Jul 28, 2014
I withdrew my application last week. The NYC VAC tells me that they sent my passport back to me on 07/24/2014, but the tracking number they gave me does not match the return label I sent them and Fedex has no record of either tracking number being used.

I'm not sure who to contact or what to do! The people at the phone number provided - (646) 741-0130 - told me they were a Call Center and could not give me any more information.

Any advice?