+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Lost Old Passport

MIKEPEPSI

Mar 30, 2020
Hi guys,
So when i came to Canada i had a valid new passport. I still have it. It started on October 2015 and I arrived Jan 2016
However, I also had an outstanding OLD passport that expired in October 2016. I think I left this passport back home in the UK with my mum but not sure as I definitely don't have it on me anymore.

Anyway, because this passport was old and I'd received a new one, i never brought it with me to Canada or used it, but it did overlap with my new passport in validity.
My question is, when applying, should i declare this or leave it off altogether? And if i declare it and cant provide it, am i going to have my process extended?

Mike

navid2014

Jul 9, 2014
Hi guys,
So when i came to Canada i had a valid new passport. I still have it. It started on October 2015 and I arrived Jan 2016
However, I also had an outstanding OLD passport that expired in October 2016. I think I left this passport back home in the UK with my mum but not sure as I definitely don't have it on me anymore.

Anyway, because this passport was old and I'd received a new one, i never brought it with me to Canada or used it, but it did overlap with my new passport in validity.
My question is, when applying, should i declare this or leave it off altogether? And if i declare it and cant provide it, am i going to have my process extended?

Mike

You have to specify all travel documents (Passports) you have ever held in the last '5' years.

MIKEPEPSI

Mar 30, 2020
Hi
You have to specify all travel documents (Passports) you have ever held in the last '5' years.
Hi Navid!
Thanks for the reply
SO I'm going to add it and send a letter saying my mother has lost the passport after i left it at our family home.
This is the truth, so Im not sure what else to say. This passport expired October 2016, and I had a new passport active from October 2015, that i used to travel to Canada and have used as my sole and only passport since.

navid2014

Jul 9, 2014
Hi

Hi Navid!
Thanks for the reply
SO I'm going to add it and send a letter saying my mother has lost the passport after i left it at our family home.
This is the truth, so Im not sure what else to say. This passport expired October 2016, and I had a new passport active from October 2015, that i used to travel to Canada and have used as my sole and only passport since.
Sure its better to explain the story in the words to VO rather than omitting that section. When you applied for a new passport in UK, have n't they requested you for a missing passport report?