+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Lost my PR card

Pavijobpavi

Mar 16, 2020
I live in Canada as PR for past 2 years. I lost my wallet yesterday on the road near my home which unfortunately contained my PR card as well in it. I checked CIC for all details and I figured it is something to be done as paper based application for replacement of lost card. I just want to know from someone who has had experience like me about how long it takes for the process and is it too much a big deal with the procedures !! Thanks in advance .

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I live in Canada as PR for past 2 years. I lost my wallet yesterday on the road near my home which unfortunately contained my PR card as well in it. I checked CIC for all details and I figured it is something to be done as paper based application for replacement of lost card. I just want to know from someone who has had experience like me about how long it takes for the process and is it too much a big deal with the procedures !! Thanks in advance .
Start by reporting your lost wallet including your PR card to the police. You will have to wait 6 weeks before you qualify for a new PR card.

Reactions: Rasha

gta88

Jun 30, 2018
Can you share your experience? Did you receive PR Card later?

JGD_C

Star Member
Jun 25, 2013
App. Filed.......
10-03-2017
AOR Received.
10-03-2017
Med's Done....
07-03-1976
Passport Req..
05-09-2017
Hey Any update? How much time did it take to get new card? I am in the same situation now and looking forward for some help.

jakklondon

Oct 17, 2021
Hey Any update? How much time did it take to get new card? I am in the same situation now and looking forward for some help.
First you have to file a report about loss of document. Then you apply for a new card, including copy of the report you have made. Good luck on getting a new card. If you spent some time out of Canada and one of those secret worshipping Hermetic clowns decides to get extra suspicious, they will make you wait indefinitely for a replacement. But you should be able to do pretty much anything you want to within Canadian borders, as long as you remain PR in good status. If any services or benefits are denied to you for lack of the physical PR card, consider consulting with a lawyer and bringing a legal action for discriminatory practices.

Reactions: JGD_C

JGD_C

Star Member
Jun 25, 2013
App. Filed.......
10-03-2017
AOR Received.
10-03-2017
Med's Done....
07-03-1976
Passport Req..
05-09-2017