+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Looking to leave Canada while my PR app is being processed.

RRfromfaraway

Star Member
Oct 7, 2015
I want to make sure I am not doing anything wrong. I just recently found out that I can no longer work in Canada and I can only stay as a visitor. No need to pay rent 1000$ a month if I have no income. I am ready to submit my apllication this month. I received ITA in September. Can I leave Canada - I applied inland, and just wait home (Europe) until I hear back from CIC?

Thank you

chaitanyaprsd1

Star Member
Apr 10, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
As long as your CRS doesn't change due to the change in your country of residence, CIC should have absolutely no problem.

If you have not claimed 600 points for a LMIA associated Valid Job offer, then you are good to apply from anywhere in the world.

Feldespato

Jun 4, 2015
Hi RRfromfaraway,

I think you wouldn't need to leave Canada since you could apply for a 'Bridging Open Work Permit' that would allow you to continue working meanwhile your application gets a final decision.

Follow this link where you can find all the information about this option:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/temp/work/prov/bridging.asp

Good luck!

RRfromfaraway

Star Member
Oct 7, 2015
Feldespato said:
Hi RRfromfaraway,

I think you wouldn't need to leave Canada since you could apply for a 'Bridging Open Work Permit' that would allow you to continue working meanwhile your application gets a final decision.

Good luck!
Thanks for replying. I already looked into it. I am under this category though:

The following foreign nationals do not qualify for a bridging work permit:

foreign nationals who have let their status expire and must apply for restoration in order to return to temporary resident status;

I applied for BWP but it was turned down because my PR application hasn't been assessed yet. I only got ITA 3 weeks ago

Feldespato

Jun 4, 2015
So sorry.

At this point, I suppose you can leave and come back when you get your PR.

Anyway, I encourage you to call CIC in case they could recommend you to do something before leaving.