+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Looking for neighbourhoods with kids in Ajax to buy our home

TOOLHead

Jun 27, 2017
Hi All,

As mentined above, we, a family of 4 with kids aged 3 and 5 are planning buy a home and are considering Ajax as one of our options. could you please let me know what negihbourhoods have decent schools and with younger families that we can start looking at.

Thanks in advance!

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi All,

As mentined above, we, a family of 4 with kids aged 3 and 5 are planning buy a home and are considering Ajax as one of our options. could you please let me know what negihbourhoods have decent schools and with younger families that we can start looking at.

Thanks in advance!
In general the best schools tend to be in neighbourhoods with the highest home prices and where there is a high percentage of home ownership. In Canada there isn’t a huge difference in school quality if you exclude the lowest ranking and highest ranking. The lowest ranking, especially in elementary school aged children, are mostly due to students who have recently arriviEd in Canada and do not have good English/French language skills yes and perhaps have a gap in their education so not about the quality of the education. When it comes to the top ranking schools often the parents group are able to fundraise to provide extras that may not be available to other schools, children are able to access extracurricular programs or tutoring that will benefit them, etc In the end the quality of your child’s teacher makes a big difference and that comes down to luck most of the time.

Reactions: TOOLHead

a21

Jun 18, 2019
Hi All,

Thanks in advance!
Hello,

Hope you are doing well. I have been member of this forum from last few years. I came across this thread. I see, its from July 2022, if you are still thinking to buy, I would be glad to assist in any information needed regarding home buying and mortgage approval process. I am CPA, CGA (Chartered Professional Accountant) and Real Estate Sales Representative for more than 10 years. I have extensive experience working with First Time home buyers and genuinely understands the challenges faced throughout the whole process of mortgage approval through finding the suitable property till settling down in your new home. I have diversified experience in Mortgage, Real Estate and Accounting industry.
Let me know, if i can assist you with any information or services regarding this.