+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Looking for a Rental_ North York Neighbourhoods?

Agastya

Nov 29, 2017
Hi,

I am looking for a 1+1 condo apartment in North York starting 1st June. We are a family of 3 (Husband wife and child). Can somebody suggest a good neighborhood with good elementary schools, day care and proximity to commute to downtown for work?

Thanks!

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi,

I am looking for a 1+1 condo apartment in North York starting 1st June. We are a family of 3 (Husband wife and child). Can somebody suggest a good neighborhood with good elementary schools, day care and proximity to commute to downtown for work?

Thanks!
When it comes to daycare, most have wait list. Some of the really expensive ones don’t but that’s because most parents are not interested in paying 2.5k+/month for daycare if they don’t have to. I would look at your daycare options and put your name down on some lists if you need daycare soon after you arrive in Canada. It can take months to get a spot. Condos near Yonge street and a subway spot will be the most desirable if you are commuting downtown. They tend to me more expensive because of better access to the subway. Some of the condos in the area do not qualify for the local elementary school and are bussed elsewhere. Is your child of daycare age or 4+? There are rankings available online for schools but in general there aren’t huge differences in the quality of public school education depending on location like in the US. In general schools that are in an area with high property ownership rates and higher than average median family income tend to have the higher ranked schools. You will have to determine if you want your child to attend English school, French immersion school or Catholic English or Catholic French immersion. You don’t need to be Catholic to attend a school in the Catholic school boards.

Reactions: Agastya

KRP

Jan 13, 2012
Category........
FSW
LANDED..........
01/02/2011
Hi,

Thanks!
Check out for FOREST MANOR APTS. Its walkable to Don Mills station.
Or 201 Van Horne AVE

Reactions: Agastya

Agastya

Nov 29, 2017
When it comes to daycare, most have wait list. Some of the really expensive ones don’t but that’s because most parents are not interested in paying 2.5k+/month for daycare if they don’t have to. I would look at your daycare options and put your name down on some lists if you need daycare soon after you arrive in Canada. It can take months to get a spot. Condos near Yonge street and a subway spot will be the most desirable if you are commuting downtown. They tend to me more expensive because of better access to the subway. Some of the condos in the area do not qualify for the local elementary school and are bussed elsewhere. Is your child of daycare age or 4+? There are rankings available online for schools but in general there aren’t huge differences in the quality of public school education depending on location like in the US. In general schools that are in an area with high property ownership rates and higher than average median family income tend to have the higher ranked schools. You will have to determine if you want your child to attend English school, French immersion school or Catholic English or Catholic French immersion. You don’t need to be Catholic to attend a school in the Catholic school boards.
Thanks a tonn... This is so informative.. Can you please elaborate the difference between English and French immersion schools? and which are better?
My son is 8 years, fluent in english, but doesn't speak french... will he be able to cope in french immersion?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thanks a tonn... This is so informative.. Can you please elaborate the difference between English and French immersion schools? and which are better?
My son is 8 years, fluent in english, but doesn't speak french... will he be able to cope in french immersion?
It is personal preference. Kids can adapt to new languages extremely quickly. Ftench Immersion has become very popular in the GTA so you may have to enter a lottery to get a spot. You also have the choice between Catholic ENglish or French and you can attend if you aren’t Catholic. Many prefer Catholic schools because they have uniforms and feel it is more strict. Would suggest doing some research online about the various school boards and options.

dsgn

Star Member
Oct 30, 2020
Asking for my brother. He is looking for a house to rent near Seneca college newnham. Got admission And will be resuming Sept. He is landing 1st week of August. Pls if there is any accommodation options available let us know. Also if we can link up with any rental agent it will be appreciated.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Asking for my brother. He is looking for a house to rent near Seneca college newnham. Got admission And will be resuming Sept. He is landing 1st week of August. Pls if there is any accommodation options available let us know. Also if we can link up with any rental agent it will be appreciated.
Why not apply for a spot in the residences?

Reactions: dsgn

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Most student housing is found on places like kijiji not through real estate agents

Reactions: dsgn