+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Looking economical Medical coverage for my mother 80 year old with pre-existing medical condition.

PAKALI1975

May 4, 2013
My mother is 80 Year old is on visit visa and stuck here in Canada due to pandemic, Can anybody guide us to find best economical Medical coverage because we cannot afford big amount in monthly Medical coverage, and she has some pre-existing medical condition. Is there any option she can get Medical coverage free or at very minimal cost.

Thanks you in advance for all to help me out!

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
My mother is 80 Year old is on visit visa and stuck here in Canada due to pandemic, Can anybody guide us to find best economical Medical coverage because we cannot afford big amount in monthly Medical coverage, and she has some pre-existing medical condition. Is there any option she can get Medical coverage free or at very minimal cost.

Very little has changed since last September. Insurance companies are not out to lose money so given your mother's age and the fact that she is in poor health her premiums will be high to try to offset a potentially large medical bill if she does end up in hospital. The only way to have less expensive medical care would to be to return to Pakistan or go to another country where medical costs are lower. You could also consider taking on more hours or another job. Although you may prefer that she remains in Canada due to covid she has been able to return to Pakistan that majority of the past year if not all the past year. At this particular moment it is certainly not ideal to travel but it's unfortunate she didn't take the opportunity while cases were lower.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010

You may want to speak with an insurance adviser to determine the best path forward. Generally speaking, insurance policies do not cover pre-existing conditions without the premiums being quite high and also high deductibles. A qualified insurance agent will be in the best position to advise you on what is possible and what isn't. There's certainly a chance her pre-existing conditions may not be covered and your only option will be to pay for care out of pocket. Also some change you may be able to get partial coverage, but that will depend on the details.

In terms of free medical coverage, this will only be available once she is a PR.