+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Long distance relationship

Alyciae234

Aug 17, 2022
Hello everyone!
I am a US citizen who is in a long distance relationship with a Canadian citizen. We met online 8 years ago, and met in person last year December 2021 in BC where he lives. We saw each other again july 2022 when he came to visit my family for the first time in South Carolina, and then I flew back with him for 2 weeks in Canada. We are in our mid 20s and have a genuine relationship with each other and I am ready to settle down with him in Canada. The only thing that is holding us back, is the steps on where to start.
Thank you!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello everyone!
I am a US citizen who is in a long distance relationship with a Canadian citizen. We met online 8 years ago, and met in person last year December 2021 in BC where he lives. We saw each other again july 2022 when he came to visit my family for the first time in South Carolina, and then I flew back with him for 2 weeks in Canada. We are in our mid 20s and have a genuine relationship with each other and I am ready to settle down with him in Canada. The only thing that is holding us back, is the steps on where to start.
Thank you!
If you want to permanently move to Canada, then he would need to sponsor you for permanent residency. The fastest way to do that is for the two of you to get married.

Reactions: Alyciae234

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Welcome to what will soon become your most visited website...ever! LOL!

You have 2 choices:

1. Get married and submit an Outland Spousal Sponsorship application. Based on your limited information it would be a slam dunk (as long as you are not a criminal). :)

2. If you and he are ready for this...come to Canada as a visitor and start living together. You will likely get a 6 month stay, which you can simply apply to renew/extend to get to the 12 month mark. At that time, you could then apply for Spousal Sponsorship as his common law partner. You could not work in Canada, but you could work remotely via the internet/phone for a person or company that is outside of Canada; no work permit required for remote work!

It's scary, but it's waaaay more exciting!

Good luck!